Gloster E28/ 39

Here you can post all thing Jet related
Stuart Porter

Gloster E28/ 39

Postby Stuart Porter » November 4th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Hey guys been trying to track down some plans for this iconic aircraft! I believe somebody out there has built a 3rd scale model ,has anybody any idea how I could contact him?? Or possibley get my hands on a set of quarter scale plans????
Cheers guys! :?

dave tilbury

Re: Gloster E28/ 39

Postby dave tilbury » November 15th, 2012, 9:37 pm

i started drawing one up at 1/4 scale but never finished it........taking the outline from a set of scale drawings...the guy in question who did the 1/3 scale i think was Steve Rickett......hope i splent that right...sorry Steve if i didn't....don't think there's a plan though....

Stuart Porter

Postby Stuart Porter » November 17th, 2012, 9:20 am

Hey Dave cheers for getting back to me. Lucky enough Steve got back to me with some imformation on the aircraft. If you have any picture or plans I would love to buy them of you if at all possible the more imformation the better!!!
Cheers Dave look forward to hearing from you!

dave tilbury

Postby dave tilbury » November 20th, 2012, 10:22 am

probably Steve gave you more info than i can.......the drawings were never finished......will at some point....the 3 views i had i down loaded off the internet.......

there's also the full size in the science museum here in London you can look at.......that would be a good starting point.....

cheers

Steve Rickett 2333

Postby Steve Rickett 2333 » November 20th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Hi,

I got frustrated with the drawings available off the Internet, or from books etc so set about drawing my own....I have them, somewhere! All my stuff is in boxes at the moment but hopefully it should see daylight soon.

These 5-views are as accurate as I could do, but they are still quite basic.

That book, Jet Pioneers is a good one...a few rare photos of the E28/39 in there. Also check on youtube...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UhBGDQMTx1A

One day I'll build another...probably about 100" or so. 29% scale....think that is a nice size and would keep it less than 20kgs.

Cheers

Steve

Return to “Jets”