Spoof PayPal email

This is an area for Off Topic Discussions which includes Tony Collins popular Fun Stuff.
Ron Pearman

Spoof PayPal email

Postby Ron Pearman » December 9th, 2015, 10:07 am

I received an email this morning supposedly from PayPal saying my account had been limited until a dispute was resolved and with a link to click to help resolve the situation. The email did not identify me by name which PayPal always do.Needless to say I did not click the link.
Initial contact with PayPal indicates it is a spoof. Who knows what would have resulted had I clicked?
The last transaction on my account was my LMA subs so I wonder if there is a connection.
Be careful out there!

Ron Pearman

Rob Buckley

Re: Spoof PayPal email

Postby Rob Buckley » December 9th, 2015, 7:12 pm

No connection at all, I probably get 20 a day. Just delete with the rest of your spam and ignore.
LMA Secretary - I've got a reasonable idea where you live!

sean smith

Postby sean smith » December 10th, 2015, 7:21 am

I've had no end of those recently. I just forward them to spoof address at Paypal now.
It goes without saying never enter your details, always open a different window and log-in to check your account.

Dave Hayfield

Postby Dave Hayfield » December 10th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Another one to beware of is a phone call from,in my case lloyds bank, someone asking for updating details on your account. The phone number they use is very similar to lloyds enquiry number, it showed up as the caller number on my phone, but when asked which account they were asking about they said they were not at liberty to divulge that information. Pretty obvious it was a scam but beware. Called Lloyds on their contact number to inform them of this call and they verified the caller number was not one of theirs but similar and they registered it as a scam.
Thanet Model Flying Club
LMA 520

Return to “The Old Forum Lounge”