Haydock Spring Show March 19th

DAVE JOHNSON

Haydock Spring Show March 19th

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » January 12th, 2017, 6:07 pm

Haydock Seminar

This event has taken off beyond all our expectations-----a list of traders will be posted very soon ,the trade area is now provisionally full,as is the model display area---- thanks to everyone who took the interest to book in models to display----we now have a fantastic selection and a reserve list is already in operation----we have two seminars booked ,one on glassclothing,and one on Jeti radio and turbines, possibly more to come,also there is a bring and buy area--cost is door entry per person plus £10 for a 6ft area[bring your own table],tables can be hired from the centre---preebooking is essential ----Entry to the show is £5 adults---children under 16 free[accompanied by adult] LMA members £3-----more info will be updated soon----thanks for all your interest

chris-berry

Re: Haydock Spring Show March 19th

Postby chris-berry » February 21st, 2017, 8:49 am

Any update on traders Dave?
Cheers
Chris

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » February 21st, 2017, 11:25 am

Hi Chris---yes we have had to put a stop for any more traders booking in because of lack of space-----Paul will be putting a list on here in next few days when sorted-----DAVE

chris-berry

Postby chris-berry » February 21st, 2017, 6:20 pm

Thanks Dave

Steve Perry

Postby Steve Perry » February 21st, 2017, 8:34 pm

If anyone is looking for a hotel in the area,the nearby Warrington Lowton Travelodge is next door to a Toby carvery :)

paul needham

Postby paul needham » February 21st, 2017, 9:24 pm

Right then all you folks that still have some Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket, we have a good varied selection of traders coming to Haydock, I hope you all will do your best to support them (as will I, but don't tell the Mrs). There should be something for everyone.

Real Model Pilots
IAD Model Designs
Cambrian Model Company
Inwoods
Propguy
Kingfisher Aviation
Solutions
Peak Tools
Nexus
Large Model Association
Dave Crabtree Engineering
Fighteraces
Magnafix
Bond Aero
Jettstream UK

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » February 22nd, 2017, 1:18 pm

Latest updates---beside the rooms full of aircraft--some not seen in public before---plus the good variety of traders as in Pauls post---we have a room set aside for several demos/talks ,plus latest news just in Martin Withers DFC --the LMA president and Vulcan display pilot will be attending the event---he will be bringing and signing books etc---so please spread the news of the event around your mates and friends ,this is looking like an event not to be missed----DAVE

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » March 7th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Latest info for members displaying models and traders--------
Because there is another event on the Saturday----please try to not arrive before mid afternoon,we have been given a slot to set up at 3.30pm on the Saturday,for 2 hours only---myself and Paul Needham will be there at that time with the site map and once the doors are open we will allocate your spot.Please note---each member displaying,and each trader will be allocated two wrist bands for access with a helper on the Sunday,please don't turn up with a car full and expect to be given free admission for all.
For anyone intending staying with a caravan/motorhome on the Saturday night---again please try not to arrive before mid afternoon-----the far end of the car park where you will be able to stay,is in use on the Saturday for under 17s learning to drive----also please note there are no facilities /water/toilets etc ,so bring anything you need with you.There will be 24 hour security on site.
Other than that please come along and enjoy the day---whatever the weather,the rooms are nicely heated so a warm welcome awaits you-----DAVE

ps if there are any other updates ,they will be posted on here

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » March 7th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Do you need bodies on saturday Dave. Free sat affy

David Baker

Postby David Baker » March 8th, 2017, 6:24 pm

What time will you be opening for exhibitors and traders on Sunday morning?

Thanks
David

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » March 8th, 2017, 8:57 pm

DAVE---TRADERS ENTRANCE SHOULD BE OPEN AT 8AM---PUBLIC AT 10AM

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » March 9th, 2017, 9:15 am

URGENT UPDATE--for anyone who was thinking of staying over in a motorhome etc on the car park Saturday night---they have just been nto me saying for security reasons I need to inform them beforehand of names etc----so if you were thinking of staying or know of anyone else ,please let them know to urgently contact me
The only other update is that the opening times for set up have been brought forward to 3PM till 5PM ,so aim to arrive now at 2.30-----
One last point---at Gaydon,the magazine guys moaned about the lack of info in frnt of some of the models---can you all ensure you do a short writeup/info on your model please,and place on or in front of the model ----thanks for all your help---see you all very soon---DAVE

richard armstrong

Postby richard armstrong » March 12th, 2017, 11:15 am

hay all

if you have any airframes or items that need transporting or have been sold to other LMA members etc that need transporting to haydock park that live within 20 miles of my home in Newark please let me know!
collection would be the day before

or if anyone is stuck for transport i can offer up to 3 places with no airframe, or 1 place with airframes

no fee, just a little towards petrol

my car is a a 4x4 santa fa and can take a fair amount,

i can also bring back stuff to but limited as i am picking up a p51d
Richard "the rocket" Armstrong

"Fly me to the moon" then crash and burn BABY!

Stuart Solomon

Postby Stuart Solomon » March 17th, 2017, 3:14 pm

I hope there will be a film crew on standbye as Pete Siggins is rumoured to be opening his purse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter Siggins

Postby Peter Siggins » March 17th, 2017, 4:18 pm

If I can remember the combination - do OAPs get a discount then???? :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Stuart Solomon

Postby Stuart Solomon » March 18th, 2017, 7:51 am

Yep, plus 20%

Andy ward

Postby Andy ward » March 19th, 2017, 6:54 pm

Fantastic day had by all
A big thank you too Dave and his team for a great event
Attachments
received_1909612939282457.jpeg
received_1909612939282457.jpeg (339.83 KiB) Viewed 635 times

Cary Bailey

Postby Cary Bailey » March 20th, 2017, 8:23 am

Mr J and his crew deserve a commendation for a great start to the season! Well done boys!
Cary

David Baker

Postby David Baker » March 20th, 2017, 4:36 pm

A big thank you to the organisers of the 1st Haydock show.. What a really good event with a great mix of models on display. The quality and finish of the models was very high... A credit to their builders. It was a nice friendly relaxed atmosphere after the frantic dash to get set up!
Well done
David

Nigel Cox

Postby Nigel Cox » March 20th, 2017, 4:55 pm

A great event and big thanks to all involved, well worth the trip to see some new models and old favourites.

Here's a link to some pics I took http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/nige8 ... %20Display

Return to “LMA Events for 2017”