Western General Meteor

Post your sales or wanted list here
David Quartermaine

Western General Meteor

Postby David Quartermaine » September 14th, 2017, 8:00 pm

I need the Saito 325 R5 for another project so it's an airframe only sale. Not many people know what a WG Meteor looks like, so here is a YouTube link of this model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlIX4OpTBYg

m_IMG_1838.jpg
m_IMG_1838.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

All of the litho decking is easily removable so a buyer can add his servo's etc. without too much trouble.

m_IMG_1837.jpg
m_IMG_1837.jpg (50.08 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

Although all servo's have been removed the linkages remain together with the servo mounts.

m_IMG_1841.jpg
m_IMG_1841.jpg (55.62 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

Due to the nose construction I would think most engines around 50cc would fit readily'

It has a 96" span with both panels quickly detachable leaving the centre section. With an engine fitted it's around 72" long. 24" from ground to top of centre section. As I recall weight with the Saito was 21lb so with a more usual engine fitted 2lbs could be saved easily. Covering is silver Oratex, wheels Dubro pneumatic. Undercarriage is sprung using O rings, plenty of spare ones included. The original plans are included too so no GofG guessing. Never crashed so no repairs have been required.

Asking £200 and due to the size it would have to be collected. Remember in spite of the video this is only the bare airframe for sale.

Dave.

Return to “For Sale or Wanted”