Traplet,

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
dave gilbert

Traplet,

Postby dave gilbert » July 20th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Did anyone else buy anything from traplet at cosford, I bought woodpack plan and cowl, now I hear they have gone bump, does anyone know if receivers will honour paid for orders,

robbieskipton

Re: Traplet,

Postby robbieskipton » July 21st, 2017, 3:18 pm

administration works like this.
in the interest of the business they will try to sell the whole to a new buyer,
if unsuccessful they will break the business into smaller viable chunks.
but ultimately if no buyer is found. its only worth is its assets. so they will sell off to get most for creditors
if there is any monies left in the pot after the administrators have taken their slice. any one with a financial interest will be paid out normally so many pennies in the pound, hence its unlikely to get back what you are owed, i would say after the banks and other institutions have had their slice there will be no monies left. you can apply to the administrators for any monies you believe you are owed and they will make note but don't bank on anything. historically small amounts are never entertained and unlikely you will ever see anything.
You could say they knew they were going to the wall and should not have taken monies at Cosford knowing they wouldn't be able to deliver.
" If it aint an Inch off the deck, you aint flying 3D"

www.bmdsigns-wraps.co.uk
" For all your signage requirements"

www.Skipmodeldesigns.co.uk
" Laser cutting, Cnc Routing Service"
Stockists of JR Servos, Pilot RC Aircraft, and Skip Model Designs aircraft + Much More"

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » July 21st, 2017, 3:51 pm

Bloody crooked Rob, must have been coming for a while, set up at our show, just to get some more money in the pot, i know Dave, i know how hard he works for his brass, not fair, not fair at all,

Mike Ellis

Postby Mike Ellis » July 21st, 2017, 4:42 pm

I fully agree that for Traplet to set up a sales pitch to rob people of their hard earned money KNOWING they were BUST is downright despicable .

Do you feel No shame whatsoever Mr Stephenson ???? Well you B*****w*** should !!!!!!!

Words fail me !!!!!!!

Pat Marsden

Postby Pat Marsden » July 21st, 2017, 5:01 pm

Obviously we dont know the full story behind Traplet going into administration. I could well be that Traplet traded at Cosford in all honesty and the creditors forced the company into administration early this week. Therefore the staff at Cosford had no idea the orders would not be honoured. If you paid via credit card try speaking to the card company as you may have some protection via them.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » July 22nd, 2017, 7:51 am

I have to agree with Pat on this, I can't possibly believe the people at Cosford from Traplet, had any idea what was going to happen. You've also got to remember none of them will probably be getting paid and most if not all have now lost there jobs.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » July 22nd, 2017, 8:56 am

it would be nice to think so, but I am a tad more cynical and suspicious than you Dave

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » July 22nd, 2017, 9:25 am

Alan Cantwell 1131 wrote:it would be nice to think so, but I am a tad more cynical and suspicious than you Dave

What would they have gained, it wouldn't have gone in there pocket, as I have said if you knew you where losing your job why would you bother to turn up and spend a weekend away from home knowing you are not going to get paid, sorry Alan it make no sense in what has been suggested, and I am quite cynical myself I can tell you.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » July 22nd, 2017, 9:56 am

That would be the foot soldiers manning the stand, they would not have known, but whoever booked it would have had an idea, It just upsets me to think how many, like Dave, gave hard earned money over at an LMA show, and maybe for no return, but, it's done now, nothing we can do about it eh?

dave gilbert

Postby dave gilbert » July 22nd, 2017, 10:14 am

I have to say, when I was in the tent buying my kit, the staff where very helpful pleasant, and upbeat, so I can see Dave's point that they didn't know what was going on behind the scenes, but somebody did, so they shouldn't have turned up to take orders they probably knew they couldn't supply, I've lost 230 quid so how much money did they steal over a full weekend

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » July 22nd, 2017, 10:26 am

Now that reasoning I can understand Alan, you see the negative feedback all over the social media points the finger at the people on the stand which is who I was defending, as they wouldn't of took the money off people knowing they would no deliver on the goods, I am sure they are devastated at this moment in time as to what has happened. I am so sorry Dave that you have lost £230.00 of your hard earned cash. It is always the fat cats that walk away smiling why all there loyal employees and paying public suffer, sad and unfair world we live in.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » July 22nd, 2017, 10:56 am

I could never blame the stand staff Dave, they too will suffer, £230 Dave, crap crap, and more crap, was it cash, or visa?

dave gilbert

Postby dave gilbert » July 22nd, 2017, 11:28 am

It was cash Alan, the worst part for me is, I couldn't decide on pt 19 from Belair, or a rolason condor from traplet, I chose the wrong one, never mind, I always wanted a pt19 anyway, looks like I'm going for that now, things like this happen, I've been in the position that the staff at traplet now find them selves in, I've lost some cash, seems like they have lost a lot more

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » July 22nd, 2017, 3:10 pm

Damn noble of you Dave,

Phil Clark

Postby Phil Clark » July 25th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Does anyone know what is or has happened to Sarik Vacform (owned by Traplet). I was meant to try & call them today but never got the change as work was busy. I'd used Sarik for years before Traplet took them over so they have many of my Fighteraces/Jerry Bates vacform tools.............

Phil

Mike Ellis

Postby Mike Ellis » July 26th, 2017, 11:09 am

I live about 30 mins from Sarik as I too have used them for 25+ years.
I have rung them constantly from 9am today but it goes to ansaphone. Not good news for all people who have their plugs at traplet . If I get to know more I will let you know.

Richard Rawle

Postby Richard Rawle » August 12th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Sarik was not part of traplet. It is a separate company Tony owns. its taking over the plans and parts from what I've been told at work. I don't know when things will come back on line. we will just have to wait.

Mike Ellis

Postby Mike Ellis » August 13th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Thats correct ! Lol. However with Tony owning Sarik , I would have thought that there is no need for them not to continue trading as before , unless of course its all under the Traplet umbrella and they are not free to trade?
If, on the other hand,they are still a fully independent company, perhaps they could Vacform your mossie canopies for you , that would save you having to rebuild your machine?
Just trying to help Richard lol

Barrie King

Postby Barrie King » October 24th, 2017, 10:35 am

Good news RC Jet International is up and running again with a new publisher, and they are going to honour all existing subscriptions. I have bought the first new edition from Pocketmags for £2.99 and it is a good read.
I would like to hope that something similar will happen with RCMW but have my doubts.

Barrie

Return to “General Discussion Topics”