Ziroli Mustang Engine

Need technical help on some problem? Let us know and we will see what we can do
stewart clifford

Ziroli Mustang Engine

Postby stewart clifford » August 3rd, 2010, 10:57 am

Hi to anyone who has or has had a ziroli P51, Just being nosey, what engines have you used? The plan has a Z62 drawn in but I didn't know if this engine will really give a good vertical performance. I was thinking the new evolution 80 would be better.

Stewart
fighterfactoryuk.com

Mark Partington 2989

Re: Ziroli Mustang Engine

Postby Mark Partington 2989 » August 3rd, 2010, 5:03 pm

Crikey!

What's wrong with the 62, the model's quoted at around 30lb weight, it'll fly great on one. Fly it like the real thing, use plenty of energy management to get the vertical manouvers. Sorry to seem as though I'm ranting, but it seems the current trend is to try and fit the biggest engine in a model that'll go in, (an American thing it seems).

Richard Rawle has a Hurricane that's a lot bigger that this P51, and it flies great on a Z62.

Mark.
Mark.
-------------------------------
Tonka Toys, Big Boys Toys

stewart clifford

Postby stewart clifford » August 7th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Hi Mark

Thanks for your input, I consider myself told(didn't mind the rant). Thing is the 62 hasn't really got a lot of guts, they seem to work ok for the 1/4 scale Spitfires and may be ok for the flying barge (Hurricane, which has the upward performance of a one legged frog) but stick that engine in a 5th scale Bearcat and it stuggles, bearing in mind that the fullsize can do atleast four rolls whilst going straight up. My point is that every aircraft is going to fly differently on the same engine even if they were all the same weight. This engine in the P51 will be good for scale speed on the flat, I would just like to know if it's going to like have it's nose pointed up.

Stewart

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » August 8th, 2010, 7:24 am

One legged frog? Wash your mouth out Stewart- have a look here-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4U1u1HmtkU
The Hurri could hold its own at the time it was needed, true, later Spits, Mustangs et al had better performance, but the Hurri was there in numbers in 1940, when all the other stuff was being designed. I used to know an old German ME109 pilot who had the greatest respect for them, one shot him down!

stewart clifford

Postby stewart clifford » August 8th, 2010, 11:50 am

A Good clip Bob, not surprising this one was being given a good thrashing when you see who was in the driving seat. I do like the Hurri and the one in the clip was really nice and different, unfortunatly it had gone to Canada before I joined TFC so never got to have a good close up sniff round it and now it looks like the only other Duxford based Hurricane (HAC's one)will probably be following it abroad once it's sold, shame. Where the models concerned great to fly and looks good in the air but to fly it scale you limit what you can do with it.

Stewart

Return to “Technical Help required”