G4 Pond Sealer

Need technical help on some problem? Let us know and we will see what we can do
paul cartwright

G4 Pond Sealer

Postby paul cartwright » July 25th, 2011, 11:01 am

Does anyone know if this stuff is safe to use on foam as im looking to glas cloth my byron (byrofoam) christen eagle, i am aware this will increase the weight considerably but i would rather have a heavy model to one that disintigrates the first time you give it some hammer.

DAVE JOHNSON

Re: G4 Pond Sealer

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » July 25th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Paul--defo a no no on foam,it melts it--DAVE

stewart clifford

Postby stewart clifford » July 26th, 2011, 8:52 pm

It will make it lighter though

paul cartwright

Postby paul cartwright » September 6th, 2011, 8:01 pm

At last ive found a product that is suitable, Its called Eze-coat from deluxe materials (approx £12 500ml), its perfectly safe on foam and it seems to work well although i need to get some thinner glass cloth as the bargain £1 per metre stuff i bought from the nats is a tad heavy and a real bugger to mould aroung tight corners, I have found a web site that sells glass cloth quite cheap www.ECFibreglasssupplies.co.uk . anyone got any recomendations for the correct weight cloth to use as i cant decide whether to use 25g or 47g.
I am going to experiment with this product and try it on nylon, will let you guys know what happens!.

Clive Hall

Postby Clive Hall » October 27th, 2011, 6:14 pm

I have been using EkeKote extensively, lately, and agree it is top class, and can confirm foam safe. DeLuxe Materials also supply glass cloth in weights 24 and 78 g/sq.m (0.6 and 2.3 oz/sq.yd), and a third weight, (can't remember how heavy but I think it is between these two). Their range of finishing meterials and glues is extensive. The do a nice epoxy for glass skinning, too.
I have also used it over doped-on nylon and it makes a superb lightweight finish. Lighter than, but not as hard as, an epoxy, but a lot easier to rub down.

Return to “Technical Help required”