Spektrum DX18 SD card programming.

Need technical help on some problem? Let us know and we will see what we can do
Mike Ellis

Spektrum DX18 SD card programming.

Postby Mike Ellis » September 27th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Having just aquired the DX18 Transmitter, I am appalled at the total lack of any real info as to how to programme it with the so called instruction book ! Also after registering it as required on the Spektrum site it then tells me to insert the SD card in my pc and click "download" to transfer updated info so It can be used to update the transmitters functions. Unforunalty however hard i look ther ISNT a "DOWNLOAD" button on the screen ! lol
I appeal to anyone out there who perhaps can assist me to understand this thing before it is dispatched into the local canal lol
Rant over lol Can anyone please help me ??
Mike Ellis LMA 652

Steve Morris

Re: Spektrum DX18 SD card programming.

Postby Steve Morris » September 28th, 2012, 8:34 am

Mike, once you are logged into the Spektrum site and registered, you should see a page with your registered product, click on 'Updates' and it will take you to the 'You have new content available for your product.' page, on that first page are software updates, if you require them then click on the orange button marked 'Updates'. There are also a page for 'Model presets' although there is nothing there yet.

I would assume that as yours is new like mine then it currently has the latest software (V1.02)and there is no need to upgrade.

Hope this helps

Mike Ellis

Postby Mike Ellis » September 28th, 2012, 12:38 pm

HI Steve,
Thanks for your reply. Eventually I have managed to get some info on my SD card and after inserting it into the tranny ,it appeared to transfer info !! I only clicked the top "update" button as I assumed that was the latest i needed as it does have the latest software you have stated. My other main gripe is the fact the booklet tells you NOTHING in reality as how to alter things . IE: " your DX18 has dual rates " Try finding how to set them lol NOTHING is written to tell you HOW to do it or assign a switch to them lol.

regards Mike

Steve Morris

Postby Steve Morris » September 28th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Mike , the book certainly does leave a lot to the imagination, but I think once you start using it you will get there.

Steve

Andy Boylett

Postby Andy Boylett » October 1st, 2012, 5:13 pm

I bought Sam one of these as payment for supervising/errecting all the scaffold on my self-build house. He hasn't bothered with the updates yet! Thanks guys. I will point him towards this thread.

Return to “Technical Help required”