Landing Lights

Need technical help on some problem? Let us know and we will see what we can do
Spencer Rowell

Landing Lights

Postby Spencer Rowell » December 7th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Hi All. Can anyone direct me to a web-site or a telephone number of someone who supplies on-board landing light systems. Thanks in advance. Spencer.

Robin Woodhead

Re: Landing Lights

Postby Robin Woodhead » December 7th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Spencer Rowell wrote:Hi All. Can anyone direct me to a web-site or a telephone number of someone who supplies on-board landing light systems. Thanks in advance. Spencer.

have a word with Terry at SMServices

John Rickett

Postby John Rickett » December 8th, 2008, 3:24 pm

It depends whether you are happy to use LEDs (from a 4.8v-6v source) or want the more powerful and physically larger incandescent lamps. For LEDs you could try this site http://www.lightingforaeromodellers.co.uk/, or you could get 35mm or 50mm diameter halogen lamps from a DIY store and use one of SM Services relay units to switch a 12v source. Halogen lamps are readily available up to 50watts so will show brightly on the best of summer days.

chris 2912

Postby chris 2912 » December 11th, 2008, 7:11 pm

I use a very hi tech method. Wilkos 99p torch lenses and bulbs. Works very well.

Dave Lowe

Postby Dave Lowe » December 12th, 2008, 9:07 pm

4.5 volt cycle lamp bulbs, 4.8 volt AA battery pack ,piece of kitchen foil for reflector, micro switch worked from servo ,all worked a treat on my Provost, and very visable during flight, I do enjoy making things and am also considered tight :?: :lol:

Return to “Technical Help required”