Titan 23 petrol engine, glow equivalent?

Need technical help on some problem? Let us know and we will see what we can do
martin collins

Titan 23 petrol engine, glow equivalent?

Postby martin collins » September 1st, 2018, 7:27 pm

I have a very old Titan 23 engine which is a great reliable runner and, i have not used it for several years but would like to use it again, i have just bought a 74" sports model which says for .91 2 stroke engines, would the Titan do the same job, does it give more, or less performance than your average .91?
Many thanks for your experiences with this............Martin

Bob Hatt 2130

Re: Titan 23 petrol engine, glow equivalent?

Postby Bob Hatt 2130 » September 3rd, 2018, 8:23 pm

Hi Martin, I think you'll find that the 23cc (Zenoah Titan) will give you a little more power. I'd guess at 10% more if you're comparing to something like a OS91FX (15cc) assuming its in good order. The Zenoah is a nice reliable engine.Thing to bear in mind is the size and weight difference which is a consideration when kit manufacturers recommend a type / size of engine. The 23cc will probably weigh twice as much as a .91, or more, especially with the exhaust. Great for some models, not so great for others ! Cheers, Bob

stuart knowles 1611

Re: Titan 23 petrol engine, glow equivalent?

Postby stuart knowles 1611 » September 4th, 2018, 9:25 am

I use a Z23 in a Seagull Yak (The yellow and black thing that has been around for years) Approx 68" span.
I expected it to be a bit lame but it flies very well with decent performance. It is a tad nose heavy even with the battery located at the back of the cockpit area.
Like all Zenoah's, nice engines

Return to “Technical Help required”