quietest canisters

Need technical help on some problem? Let us know and we will see what we can do
Elliot Howells

quietest canisters

Postby Elliot Howells » October 30th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Hello,

my next project will be using a 111cc twin, I'd like to make it as quiet as possible and have been very impressed with both MTW and Krumscheid canisters. Which is best? Or is there something else even better?

Thanks in advance, Elliot.

Phil Clark

Re: quietest canisters

Postby Phil Clark » November 4th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Have a look at Zimmerman (all st/st) as well...….fitting of intake trumpets to help reduce induction noise + prop selection also play a BIG part, it's not just about the muffler.

Phil

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » November 6th, 2019, 8:14 am

Elliot

Whilst at the glider fair in Germany earlier this year I was very impressed with 2 tugs that were very quiet. One was fitted with a DLE 111 and the other with a DLE 222. Both were fitted with MJM silencer cans and headers. I had not come across this company before but it is worth investigation as their products clearly work well. I have Zimmerman cans on my DLE 111 tugs and run the same Beila 28 x 10 wide blade props as most European tug pilots and my model (SDD Greenley) is quite good noise wise but louder than the model with the MJM cans.

John

Elliot Howells

Postby Elliot Howells » December 29th, 2019, 5:25 pm

Thanks John and Phil, that's good info, never heard of the MJM cans, they look really nice.

I'll have to investigate trumpets for the DLE too, always forget about intake roar.

What do you guys think are the quietest props? I've got a scale wilga biela prop for my Saito R3 90cc, I'm hoping that whole setup will sound good as stock, I've always used either wood or biela carbon with the big twins.

Thanks again, Elliot.

Return to “Technical Help required”