Slow moving servos

Need technical help on some problem? Let us know and we will see what we can do
Brian Dorricott

Slow moving servos

Postby Brian Dorricott » October 30th, 2020, 10:10 am

Hi
I'm currently fitting out a Sky120 with Spectrum AR8010T receiver and 4Max metal geared servos and have a strange anomaly . When I first power up the receiver if I waggle the rudder or elevators (2) all the surfaces move slowly for the first 5/10 seconds then it clears and I can't get that to happen again , haven't tried the ailerons yet as I need good weather outside to put it together. The voltage isn't sagging on the 2000mAh Life battery and if connect a servo tester and test the servos are fine from cold . Any ideas anyone , I used a new model memory on the DX8G2 transmitter so there shouldn't be any odd things in programming . It isn't the end of the world but irritating because I don't know the cause .

Brian Dorricott

Re: Slow moving servos

Postby Brian Dorricott » October 30th, 2020, 5:56 pm

Think I may have found my own problem , the Life battery is sagging below 6 volts with a load ( I measured off load ) , it's a new battery but may need cycling . Try as I might I cannot replicate it with NiMh battery . Still don't understand the mechanics though if it's low volts why go slowly then start working ok surely it would be slow all the time ? Sorry to waste everyone's time who read the post but you never stop learning !

Steve Mansell

Postby Steve Mansell » October 30th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Hi Brian,
Not a spectrum user myself, but found this thread which may be relevant https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... low-return
Cheers
Steve

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » October 30th, 2020, 7:51 pm

How much were the servos?

Brian Dorricott

Postby Brian Dorricott » October 31st, 2020, 10:08 am

Interesting about the servos but on checking it's bound on 22ms , if you try and bind it on 11ms it gives a warning that digital servos are needed and as it's a trainer for a big plane novice (me) I don't think there necessary. The servos I've used before and have been excellent up to now 4M-556AMG-087 from 4-Max £12 or 5 or more £10.80 . Metal geared 8.7/9.4Kg and 0.15/0.13 seconds not had one fail yet and centre nicely . The same spec digitals are about £3 more , I wonder what make they are before being branded 4-Max ?

Return to “Technical Help required”