For Sale and Wanted Forums separated?

Post here if you think that a new topic is required
Peter Vidgeon

For Sale and Wanted Forums separated?

Postby Peter Vidgeon » March 14th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Maybe you think the existing For Sale and Wanted forum doesn't warrant it, but would members find it useful to split them into two separate forums?
I look at the BMFA Website and it works well there though perhaps it is busy enough to make it a viable option.
What do the members think?

Tony Collins 1073

Re: For Sale and Wanted Forums separated?

Postby Tony Collins 1073 » March 14th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Peter, The Classified section of the BMFA Runs as just that and it is not within a forum. I found out to my cost just how risky it is to buy from this place. There are rip off merchants operating there and when they do their work the BMFA can do nothing about it. At least with our system there is the personal touch and people can't hide as they can with the BMFA classifieds.

Peter Vidgeon

Postby Peter Vidgeon » March 19th, 2010, 12:57 pm

Thanks for your reply Tony, but I wasn't comparing the safety angle of it, just the convenience of separating the wanted and for sale parts.
I agree one has to be circumspect, but I have never had a problem with the BMFA site, just as long as one takes the usual precautions.
I've been modelling for many years and have built up quite a large portfolio of items and information which I am happy to share, so separating the wanted and for sale items would be useful as far as I'm concerned.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » March 19th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Hi Peter, I didn't respond to this request, I wanted to see if anyone else thought it was a good idea, will keep my eye on this thread :geek:

Peter Vidgeon

Postby Peter Vidgeon » March 21st, 2010, 6:22 pm

No problem Dave. I could take the stance that silence is acquiescence! :D

Return to “New Forum Required?”