Learning about electric set ups etc!

Post here if you can help or need help on anything electrical.
Mike Ellis

Learning about electric set ups etc!

Postby Mike Ellis » October 29th, 2016, 6:50 pm

I have been looking at using electric power in models, BUT, after looking around ,I feel it's a minefield ! How do I know the size of motor to get to match the current engines I use,also the best prop size for the chosen motor,the type of speed controller, plus what size batteries and what charging needs are required !!
I,m sure there must be an idiots guide book out there to learn from, so can anyone help to point me in the right direction !!
Any help gratefully accepted.

Mike Ellis. LMA. 652

Arthur Fielding

Re: Learning about electric set ups etc!

Postby Arthur Fielding » October 29th, 2016, 8:28 pm

Hi
Have a look at the Purple Power site lots of info under recommended set ups . Also try Electric wing man.
Good luck
Arthur

GordonTarling

Postby GordonTarling » October 30th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Mike - The mistake that many make is to try to match an electric motor to an IC engine with which they're familiar. Understandable if someone has little or no experience of electrics. What needs to be done is to match an electric motor to an airframe, as electric motors and IC engines have very different characteristics. Best I can offer is to comb the electric forums for someone with a similar model that is successful and use that as the basis for your own setup. I'm always happy to try and advise if I can - just PM me.

Nigel Cox

Postby Nigel Cox » October 30th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Return to “Electric Stuff”