Programming HobbyWing Platinum OPTO ESC

Post here if you can help or need help on anything electrical.
Adrian Smith

Programming HobbyWing Platinum OPTO ESC

Postby Adrian Smith » August 17th, 2019, 3:18 pm

I have bought a HobbyWing Platinum 200A OPTO ESC v4.1 and a HobbyWing Multifunction Programming box. I thought I would programme the ESC out of situ from the F/W aircraft. Hah! So I thought! 
First problem is the connection diagram in the manual doesn’t match the ESC. The ESC has just one non-power lead which I assume to be the throttle lead to the RX with a single yellow wire added which I take to be the RPM signal plug.
Problem number one - the diagram shows the throttle wire And a program wire coming from the ESC. Something which is not the case realtime. I have tried some wiring alternatives as illustrated with the throttle lead unconnected to the programming box and just connecting an extra supplied lead between the p/box and ESC with the separate battery connected (as it's the Opto version)to the p/box. The end result that the "Connecting ESC" light comes up, but that’s as far as it goes and doesn’t progress on to the “current profile” display from which to begin programming. The same happens when I use the throttle lead from the ESC to p/box which I know its not the way to go. Any ideas? Thanks

Nigel Cox

Re: Programming HobbyWing Platinum OPTO ESC

Postby Nigel Cox » August 17th, 2019, 6:30 pm

I have the 100amp non-opto version and I used the optional bluetooth adapter and programmed it via the iphone app

Return to “Electric Stuff”