Which transmitter help ?

Post here for general queries or anything radio related.
Marc owen

Which transmitter help ?

Postby Marc owen » January 1st, 2021, 7:05 am

Hi All,

I have always flown JR but recently I have been having issues with my 12x that I hope I can get sorted. I have about 20 airframes from jets (xcaliber, mr venon, let leg hawk), helis (goblins + a couple of scales), 30cc 330lt /80cc h9 extra and various hacks that all run on dsmx or dsm2.

I have the opportunity of a 28x but that runs on dmss so would mean changing all rx :( big cost but what a radio!

So my question is do take the jump to the JR 28x dmss or do I look at a new radio thats dsmx / 2 compatabale? I have a budget of around £600 for the right tx. I would like to cinsider going futaba but guess I would also have the change the recievers due to being on a different system ?

Trying to understand dsm, dmss, sbus, xbus and the the wheels on the bus ! is blowing my mind !

Thanks and happy new year to you all
Safe landings

Terry Jessop

Re: Which transmitter help ?

Postby Terry Jessop » January 2nd, 2021, 11:18 pm

Futaba futaba futaba

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » January 3rd, 2021, 8:45 am

I bought Futaba, apart from a battery issue, and a burnt out charger, its been fine, if money's not an issue though, I would but Jeti, what's wrong with your JR 12? Friend of mine got his fixed recently, get you details if you wish, I would not buy the JR set, as it's no longer produces,

Brian Dorricott

Postby Brian Dorricott » January 3rd, 2021, 9:54 am

Marc
The Radiomaster TX16S is multi protocol with hall effect sticks and available for around £130 delivered from UK suppliers . It runs all flavours of DSM and DSMX plus FRSKY receivers and many more and is a full range job with telemetry, colour screen etc downside is the OpenTX operating system which will do just about everything but is a little daunting to start with . I have one and have transferred my Frsky stabilised receivers over to it complete with pictures and voice alerts and it was a little slow at first but got easier . OK so its not Jeti quality but is on a par with my Spectrum DX8 G2 for a 1/3 the price and if you only used it as a standby £130 pounds today is nothing . Google it for lots of information and tutorials make sure if you buy one you get the hall effect gimbals . Hope this is helpful .

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » May 7th, 2021, 5:22 am

It appears now that Futaba have ditched the fasst protocol.
I was going to get a new Futaba next year but with this news it will seem increasingly hard to justify
Fly ‘til I die...

Return to “Radio Equipment”