Spektrum AR9100 Receivers

Post here for general queries or anything radio related.
IAN TURNEY-WHITE

Spektrum AR9100 Receivers

Postby IAN TURNEY-WHITE » December 15th, 2022, 2:51 pm

I have used above receivers very successfully on my two thirds scale Hanriot HD1 Biplane and my Ponnier 1913 Racer , controlled by a JR 9 channel 2.4 ghz Transmitter
But I am struggling with a new model that has two of the above receivers , successfully bound AR9100,s and remote RX,s to the transmitter as per instructions , when binding the remote RX,s , they , again as instructions , change from a very fast flash to a solid amber light plus blue lights on the AR9100,S
After binding , switch off RX and TX , remove bind plugs and switch on TX first followed by the RX,s , the remote receivers show a solid amber , everything works fine .
The problem is if I switch off the RX,s and then switch them back on again the amber lights on the remote RX,s flash at a moderate rate ???, , blue lights on AR9100 , but everything works fine.
If I switch everything off , then switch on TX first , followed by the RX,s then I get solid amber lights on the remote RX,s
The batteries are new , two 3800 ma 2S LiFe , two 15 amp Schotky diodes, low forward volt drop , on heat sinks , heavy duty wiring , using a Fluke multimeter measure 6.5 volts at both receivers. Similar to my Hanriot and Ponnier
Have tried both 3 and 4 remote receivers plugged into AR9100 , also tried new leads between AR9100 and remote RX,s .
Any one have any idea why it does this ?
Tried ringing Horizon who said probably faulty AR9100,S ( but AR9100,s and remote rx,s new , never been used before ) Thanks Ian Turney-White

John Greenfield

Re: Spektrum AR9100 Receivers

Postby John Greenfield » December 16th, 2022, 9:24 am

Ian

I am not a Spektrum user but if I recall correctly, if the remote receivers lose the signal (as would happen if you switched the RX off and back on again with the TX powered up) the orange lights flash to warn you of the signal loss. Although they are flashing, they are still working correctly.
They will only reset if you power everything (TX and model) down and back up again.

Happy Christmas

John

Rob Buckley

Postby Rob Buckley » December 16th, 2022, 10:24 am

I've not used Spektrum for a few years, but as I recall the flashing LED just means that a power interruption has occurred

From the manual-

Brownout Detection- Not Available on DSMX Receivers DSM2 receivers feature Brownout Detection that flashes the receiver’s LED if a power interruption occurs. While DSMX receivers have QuickConnect and recover instantly from a power interruption, the architecture of DSMX prevents Brownout Detection when operating in DSMX mode.
LMA Secretary - I've got a reasonable idea where you live!

IAN TURNEY-WHITE

Postby IAN TURNEY-WHITE » December 16th, 2022, 2:46 pm

Rob , Many thanks for your explanation , makes sense , (but this feature not on DSMX ), on my two flown models ( DSM2 RX,s) remote receivers not visible until you start removing covers, pilot etc and as such not noticed , but there all the time .
Did find a reference to it on page 20 of the manual , miss understood it originally .
When ever all else fails, read the manual !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Also found some references on the web with the same message
Really reassuring to know its not a fault. Had visions of having to rip every thing out , oh no
The two other models radio , have been totally trouble free
Best regards , one relieved Ian Turney-White

Stuart Solomon

Postby Stuart Solomon » December 16th, 2022, 3:32 pm

Oh come on Ian, you know blokes never read instructions. Trust all is sorted now, have a good Christmas. Solly.

IAN TURNEY-WHITE

Postby IAN TURNEY-WHITE » December 16th, 2022, 4:11 pm

Stu , how true ! , best wishes for Xmas and the New Year , Ian Turney-White

IAN TURNEY-WHITE

Postby IAN TURNEY-WHITE » December 16th, 2022, 6:45 pm

John , Just spotted your helpful reply , many thanks , best wishes to you and Addie , Ian Turney-White

Return to “Radio Equipment”