Graupner Hott 24-MZ Transmitter problems

Post here for general queries or anything radio related.
John Wincentzen

Graupner Hott 24-MZ Transmitter problems

Postby John Wincentzen » September 7th, 2023, 9:15 pm

Hi,
I have a Graupner Hott MZ 24 transmitter.
I have a number of models on it including a large model and this happens with them all. I get a warning alarm function for telemetry data. The function consists of 5 different warning types. When one of the warnings happens a warning screen is displayed and a voice alarm is activated. It keeps repeating - Receiver Strength. This is the Receiver sensitivity warning. It shows 100% when I am near the model but as I walk away it gradually goes down to 5% and then into the red yet all the controls are still working. This is when I am facing the model. That was happening originally. Now if I do the range check using the range check mode I only need to walk a short distance before it goes into the red and if I turn my back on the model none of the controls work.
I've tried it both in the range check mode and without. I have even doubled and tripled the distance.
On the screen top left, stepped bar symbols of the LCD. two symbols appear. The receiver is in red and the transmitter is in green. Would be obliged for any assistance.
John
PS I am also having problems sourcing a new battery for my transmitter. LiPo 1S 2P/4000. Can be sourced from Austria but they won't send me one battery. Would have to spend the equivalent of buying 10 batteries before they would post to me.

sean smith

Re: Graupner Hott 24-MZ Transmitter problems

Postby sean smith » September 11th, 2023, 9:38 pm

I had that trouble with some of the small 6 channel RX's, in the end they wouldn't even bind to he TX. I've had no trouble with the 12 channel RX i have.
Battery:
https://www.robbe.com/en/BATTERIES/TRAN ... 18/S8345.1

John Wincentzen

Postby John Wincentzen » September 17th, 2023, 10:18 am

Hi Sean,
Thanks for answering my post. Sorry for delay answering. I have 12 channel as well as 6 channel and it is happening in all models. I have written off to Graupner, Germany via their website asking if they could service my transmitter but have had no response from them. Re a battery, have already tried robbe. Won’t post out one battery due to EU regulations. Have to spend €180 before they would post to UK so equivalent of buying 10 batteries. I contacted Leeds Models as someone told me to try there. Don’t have one but try again next month as they told me they will be placing an order next month so obviously they too have to spend that amount on an order.

sean smith

Postby sean smith » September 22nd, 2023, 8:40 pm

Hi John,
If you don't mind what Lipo you use : https://alshobbies.co.uk/lipo-packs-1s/ ... 7-AM700995
I would phone and check the dimensions but if it will fit it's 2000mah more than the old one.
I have one 6 and one 12 channel rx that i use with my 24-MZ, I did have two 6 channel rxs but one had issues and went in the bin. I thought there was someone in the UK who services Graupner radios?
Try this guy see if he can service your radio: https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/servicing/

John Wincentzen

Postby John Wincentzen » October 1st, 2023, 10:43 am

Hi Sean, Sorry for delay getting back to you. The battery I have is a Graupner LiPo 1S 2P/4000.
Re modelradioworkshop. My local model shop, Sussex Models told me about him but he said he doesn’t do my type of radio as he has difficulty getting parts.
Still no response from me messaging Germany. Thanks again.

Return to “Radio Equipment”