dual receivers

Post here for general queries or anything radio related.
gary brooks

dual receivers

Postby gary brooks » August 2nd, 2009, 8:24 pm

hi need help on fitting two receivers in a large model, using spectrum 2.4. got two 6 volt batteries, two switches, a battery backer. how do i make the servos work propperly, and can i split the feed from the backer too both receivers. thanks for any help. brooksy. :D :? :roll:

Ron Pearman

Re: dual receivers

Postby Ron Pearman » August 4th, 2009, 8:22 am

If you don't have the receivers yet take a look at the Spektrum AR9100. It handles dual power supply,and comes with 3 remote Rx's with a choice of adding yet another. I've bought one for my new project but am nowhere near the flying stage yet. ( Horizon Hobbies website ).

stuart cotgrove

Postby stuart cotgrove » August 4th, 2009, 8:49 am

Ron Pearman wrote:If you don't have the receivers yet take a look at the Spektrum AR9100. It handles dual power supply,and comes with 3 remote Rx's with a choice of adding yet another. I've bought one for my new project but am nowhere near the flying stage yet. ( Horizon Hobbies website ).

Or as discussed elsewhere, two Ar9100 to share the flying surfaces.

ROGER BALE

Postby ROGER BALE » April 13th, 2010, 8:04 am

Hi Ive fitted 9100 recvs to all my models and they work well the way I installed them was to wire 4 switches into the 4 batt/wires and not use the switch supplied then fit 4 6volt batts 3600ma s thus one has aback up system which will not let you down, so far I have not had any problems I use S/M switches and Batts hope this helps Roger,

Shaun Garrity

Postby Shaun Garrity » May 16th, 2010, 11:25 am

ROGER BALE wrote:Hi Ive fitted 9100 recvs to all my models and they work well the way I installed them was to wire 4 switches into the 4 batt/wires and not use the switch supplied then fit 4 6volt batts 3600ma s thus one has aback up system which will not let you down, so far I have not had any problems I use S/M switches and Batts hope this helps Roger,

Hi Roger,

what you have done, by doing this, is to make a technically superior and simple solution more prone to potential failure. Far from improving things, you have made things worse in terms of reliability.

I'll explain. The 9100 Rx has a soft switched , power off / on system. If the supplied power switch fails, the RX continues to receive power. All you need is to plug 2 batteries per Rx into the heavy duty leads from the Rx, use the supplied switch and thats it. The manufacturers solution is a very simple and very reliable system.

The additional switches you have added , if they fail, would cut the power to the Rx and the additional wiring and joints etc are increasing the potential points of failure in the system.

Regards,

Shaun

Mike altham

Postby Mike altham » August 13th, 2010, 11:29 am

Hi,

On my new project i will be running.

JR dsx 12
2 x spektrum ar 12100 rx with standard fail on switches fitted
4 x a123 life batteries 2300 mah per pack 2 packs per rx

then have each rx powering opposites i.e. split the surfaces.

Was going to use the powerbox cockpit but i have gone for "the more simple the installation the less there is to go wrong" policy.

I have the ar 9100 on my 40% yak 54 and 40% extra 300 and i am using 2 x a123 packs on one rx and I have never had a problem touch wood.

Cheers,

Mike.

Return to “Radio Equipment”