Futaba trainer setting on a FF 7

Post here for general queries or anything radio related.
Mike Ellis

Futaba trainer setting on a FF 7

Postby Mike Ellis » June 19th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Does anyone know how to get the trainer buddy lead system working between 2 FF7 , 4 model memory trannys.
The booklet says to plug it in the master tranny , and plug the other trainer tranny in the other end but not to switch it on.
We have tried that many times, and also on two other similar trannys but apart from the control services slowly moving all together and the trainer switch completely not doing anything we are stuffed !!!
Any ideas would be very welcome.

Mike

Robin Woodhead

Re: Futaba trainer setting on a FF 7

Postby Robin Woodhead » June 25th, 2017, 1:17 pm

MIKE,

Some where we have a FF7 still working and the instructions, when we find it I will send you the info you need.

In the meantime, just been looking at the Don Edberg book for the FF8 and super FF8, full instructions how to get the trainer function working,
Some precautions are listed at the end of the chapter: -
Student Tx should be off with the antenna fully collapsed and the RF module removed(you do not need it as the RF comes from the master Tx)
Regardless of the type Rx in the training aircraft the Students Tx MUST be set to PPM transmission.
Before flying ensure that both Tx's have the same settings for programs, neutrals, mixing etc.

Remember switch F is used to activate the trainer function.

If this info helps great, but when I find the original instructions for the FF7 I can photo copy and send you a set.

regards and good luck

Bob Thompson1894

Re: Futaba trainer setting on a FF 7

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » June 25th, 2017, 3:43 pm

You also have to uninhibit the trainer switch. As said, pupil Tx must be on PPM.

Return to “Radio Equipment”