Do you need HELP!

Here you can post any problem you are having on the forum or your PC
Dave Parry
Site Admin

Do you need HELP!

Postby Dave Parry » January 9th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Well here we go just to get you started, we have created the forum for anyone who might be having a problem with accessing some things on the forum or are not quite sure how to use something, also you might be have a problem with your computer that is driving you mad and you don’t know who to contact to solve the problem.

Well this is the place to come; there will always be someone who can help, so why not try here first.

No question is to daft we all have to start somewhere so don’t be afraid to ask.

Simon Fowler

Re: Do you need HELP!

Postby Simon Fowler » April 23rd, 2010, 12:15 pm

Good Day, again Mr Dave Parry.

Apologies for being a "Blethering Idiot" :oops: But I cant upload some pics on the Forum pages. :oops:
It keeps telling me there are too many "Pixies" in the photos... "and I havent even taken pictures of Pixies,
Nor Faeries, for that matter" :lol: :lol: What am I doing wrong?
Please, Help this Ignoramus again, TA... :oops:

Thank You, Kindly.
Si...

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » April 23rd, 2010, 4:25 pm

Simon Fowler wrote:Good Day, again Mr Dave Parry.

Apologies for being a "Blethering Idiot" :oops: But I cant upload some pics on the Forum pages. :oops:
It keeps telling me there are too many "Pixies" in the photos... "and I havent even taken pictures of Pixies,
Nor Faeries, for that matter" :lol: :lol: What am I doing wrong?
Please, Help this Ignoramus again, TA... :oops:

Thank You, Kindly.
Si...

Hi Simon, you will have to resize you picture to 600x450pix to stand any chance of posting a picture on this forum anything smaller will do as well, there is some good website that will resize your pictures for you but I can’t think of the web addresses at the moment, I am sure someone will step in and help there, if not then just type in picture resize in google, I am sure you will find one. :geek:

Tony Collins 1073

Postby Tony Collins 1073 » April 23rd, 2010, 4:57 pm

I have already posted how to resize in "Posting Pictures" which can be found in General Discussions.

While we are on the subject Dave I would like to be able to post attachments in Portrait mode as well as landscape using the 600x 450 pixels. Any Suggestions?

Ron Pearman

Postby Ron Pearman » June 23rd, 2011, 9:08 am

Good morning Dave, I'm trying to post a link to the USAF Museum in "General Discussions". Though printed correctly the link won't work. It works perfectly in my mail (SKY) on my computer but when I CUT/COPY/PASTE to the forum it fails. Any ideas?
The link is- http://www..nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html
Ron.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » June 23rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Ron Pearman wrote:Good morning Dave, I'm trying to post a link to the USAF Museum in "General Discussions". Though printed correctly the link won't work. It works perfectly in my mail (SKY) on my computer but when I CUT/COPY/PASTE to the forum it fails. Any ideas?
The link is- http://www..nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html
Ron.

If they copy and paste the link in the address bar on their browser it should work. or you could try and remove the second dot after www.

Chris Lane

Postby Chris Lane » June 23rd, 2011, 3:35 pm

Yep - that works. There should be just one dot after www.

Chris

Ron Pearman

Postby Ron Pearman » June 23rd, 2011, 4:33 pm

Yes,I got rid of a dot and it works. The original posted to me had two dots and worked OK in my mail box. Baffling !!
Ron.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » June 23rd, 2011, 6:52 pm

Ron Pearman wrote:Yes,I got rid of a dot and it works. The original posted to me had two dots and worked OK in my mail box. Baffling !!
Ron.

It is amazing how one little mistake can cause so much trouble, but is just the same as getting someone’s address wrong.

I don’t know how it worked for you, as you say baffling, it was only when I copied it into the address bar I realised there were two dots instead of one, another one of life’s little mystery solved. :geek:

Steve Mansell

Postby Steve Mansell » June 14th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Hi Dave,
I tried to attach a word document to a post, but get a "file size to big" error. It is 4,466 kb. It may not be of any interest anyway, as it is just some research I did into a Mk2 Lancaster DS633 (radial engines) that my uncle flew in. It was lost during a raid on Duisburg on 22/05/44. If you feel there may be some interest, I can save it as 3 documents and do 3 posts. I will wait to see what you recommend.
Ta Ta for now
Steve.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » June 14th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Hi Steve, that is a big old file you are trying to attach there, must be pictures in it as well as the text. You best advice is your own split it up and try again, I think you will find that people will be interested, so well worth the effort.

Steve Mansell

Postby Steve Mansell » June 14th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Cheers Dave,
I will delete the pictures that are not of interest to model builders, and will post a series (2 hopefully). I have wanted to do a Lanc for ages, and thought a Mk 2 with the radial engine may be something different. I can just emagine the amount of people saying " thats not right, it's got the wrong cowls" !
Regards
Steve

Ken Bones

Postby Ken Bones » August 1st, 2012, 4:25 pm

Do You Need Help! yep I did and now im back.

Fanx for your help Mr Parry.

Bonzey

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » August 1st, 2012, 7:02 pm

Glad it worked, welcome back Mr Bones

Return to “Forum / PC support”