Upgrade your Internet Explorer

Here you can post any problem you are having on the forum or your PC
Robert_Greenwood

Upgrade your Internet Explorer

Postby Robert_Greenwood » January 11th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Is your Internet Explorer out of date? …....

If you are using the old Internet explorer 6 over time you will notice problems with different sites ( not just the LMA). Most websites are stopped supporting Internet Explorer 6 last year.

How to tellif your out of date?

If you are running ANY version of Vista or Windows 7 you will be fine, if you use Windows XP(which most of us do) you can check by doing the following

1.Open up the Internet
2.Click on Help (at the top of your screen)
3.Click About

If this says “Internet Explorer 6”, then you need to upgrade.

To upgrade complete the following:

1.Click this http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/8/8/38889dc1-848c-4bf2-8335-86c573ad86d9/IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
2.Click on Run
3.Click Run (again)
4.Click Next
5.Click I Accept
6.Then Click Next

This will then being to upgrade your Internet Explore,you may need to restart your PC after this is done.

Please note: You can upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 as well BUT at the moment Internet explorer 7 is very reliable and stable, Internet Explorer 8 still has its problems
If you have any problems post a response on here.
See the Vulcan www.modelvulcan.co.uk
Also see the Lancaster www.modellancaster.co.uk

Rob Cavell 529

Re: Upgrade your Internet Explorer

Postby Rob Cavell 529 » January 13th, 2010, 8:02 pm

Robert_Greenwood wrote:Is your Internet Explorer out of date? …....................if you use Windows XP(which most of us do)

Errrr excuse me Bob, most of us use XP?.....how do you know that? are you assuming that most LMA members are tight enough to spend all their money on Large models and to hell with the Microsoft Empire!!!!

Ron Pearman

Postby Ron Pearman » January 14th, 2010, 9:27 am

I use Mozilla Firefox and find it much better than Internet Explorer plus it upgrades itself about every two weeks.

Robert_Greenwood

Postby Robert_Greenwood » January 14th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Rob Cavell 529 wrote:
Robert_Greenwood wrote:Is your Internet Explorer out of date? …....................if you use Windows XP(which most of us do)

Errrr excuse me Bob, most of us use XP?.....how do you know that? are you assuming that most LMA members are tight enough to spend all their money on Large models and to hell with the Microsoft Empire!!!!

When you look at the Stats for the site...most users are with XP...hence my comment above...lol :)

Rob
See the Vulcan www.modelvulcan.co.uk
Also see the Lancaster www.modellancaster.co.uk

Rob Cavell 529

Postby Rob Cavell 529 » March 29th, 2010, 7:11 pm

It was a genuine question, I wondered if you did actually know......Stats, Mmmm.......our members are a tight lot then!

PS
For all you 20th century wallah's out there Vista was fine and W7 is great.........serves you right because in order to update to W7 you will now need to do a clean install, further guaranteeing you won't do it and a longer stay in the 20th century!
Ah well, at least it's another 65 quid and four hours saved on the upgrade to spend in the model shop and the model room!

Happy days!

PPS
Stand-by for the barrage (in squeaky voice)......"I like XP"
Last edited by Rob Cavell 529 on March 30th, 2010, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » March 29th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Are Rob, I loved XP too, but you all only have around another 18 months with the old fateful then good old Mr Gates is stopping the updates, he has already stopped selling it and it is Impossible to find a computer to buy with it on, so the clock is ticking everyone upgrade now you know it make sense. :lol: :lol: :lol: :geek:

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » March 29th, 2010, 9:27 pm

At risk of starting a war- Win 7 is worth the hassle to upgrade. Had it for a few months now and I love it! :geek:

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » March 30th, 2010, 6:32 am

I still run Windows 2000..

John

Rob Cavell 529

Postby Rob Cavell 529 » March 30th, 2010, 6:14 pm

John Greenfield wrote:I still run Windows 2000..

John

Yeah, but you do have the ultimate excuse and we forgive you when you keep knocking out the models!

Return to “Forum / PC support”