Internet Explorer

Here you can post any problem you are having on the forum or your PC
RayHuxley

Internet Explorer

Postby RayHuxley » June 14th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Why does my 'Internet Explorer' keep going off ? I continually get the message "Internet Explores has stopped working", It can do that half way through doing something. It only started doing this when i got Vista home.
Cheers.
Ray.

Bob Thompson1894

Re: Internet Explorer

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » June 14th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Have you got the latest version> IE8? Also, have you got the latest updates to Vista? If so, it may be a problem with your computer, usual thing is not enough RAM- Vista needs a bootful!
One thing you could try is Google Chrome, seems less hungry than IE.

RayHuxley

Postby RayHuxley » June 15th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Ok Bob, thanks for the reply I'll download some upgrades/new versions/service packs, etc, & see how it goes.
Cheers.
Ray.

Paul Holt

Postby Paul Holt » June 15th, 2010, 8:57 pm

Google Chrome is on option. I use firefox as find it quite stable and less processor hungry the Internet Explorer.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » June 16th, 2010, 7:13 am

Hi all, I think we have all got so use to using Microsoft software that we just expect it to be right however they make mistakes and we are usually the ones that pay for it, just take Vista as a prime example it needs so much memory to function correctly. Unless you have a minimum of around 4gb of memory in you computer or laptop this operating system will struggle at times this is why Microsoft have lunched Windows 7 so quick it is just Vista with the main problems ironed out.

So I would look at all the internet browsers that are available and see what best for your needs, Internet explorer 8 is Microsoft’s latest browsers to which version 9 is already being tested so what dose that tell you.
Good luck with your search I hope you fine one, I use safari which is an apple browser that works on PC’s
:geek:

Return to “Forum / PC support”