Picture captions

Here you can post any problem you are having on the forum or your PC
Chris Lane

Picture captions

Postby Chris Lane » January 2nd, 2011, 4:52 pm

Dear Webmaster, a very Happy New Year.

I have two cavils with the main photo display on the home page of our web site. The first is; I would like to pause the frame change in order to study a picture more closely and the second is the lack of captions. The January 2011 home page has Neil's excellent shots of a load of nice looking gents who are unknown to many of us and likely to remain so! Please see if you can give us a caption/description line.

Thought; Neil's pictures are something else. Perhaps the LMA would sponsor some fully accredited collections of his pictures on DVD to sell to us.

Chris Lane 2938

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Re: Picture captions

Postby Dave Parry » January 3rd, 2011, 12:57 am

Hi Chris, first of all Happy New Year to you, to answer your first question, the pictures can’t be paused, this is because I create them as a flash file so it will upload and run very quickly which as you will know waiting for a page to load tens to put people off.

The second question, well it was my intension to do the report on the AGM with all the info you are looking for and upload it at the same time as the front page but as you will probably know by now I have also become the Journal Editor.

So as you can imagine I have been very busy over the last couple of months trying to get the Journal out before Christmas, now picture this, I took it over at Gaydon, I had never used the software before and I had a deadline to meet so I am afraid I have somewhat laps a bit with cretin thing on the website, this is only a short term problem, I am now getting back on track so hopefully we will have the report soon.

Neil’s Pictures are what makes the front page on our website and I am so grateful for his continuing support to the LMA, I am sure you could sort something out with Neil if you want some of the pictures.

I hope this clears thing up for you.

Dave Parry (LMA Website/Forum Administrator & Journal Editor) :geek:

Chris Lane

Re: Picture captions

Postby Chris Lane » January 3rd, 2011, 7:47 pm

Thanks for the response Dave. How about copying Neil's shots to the Gallery where they can be captioned ?

Chris

Return to “Forum / PC support”