Jetcat p80

Here you can post all thing Jet related
Jason manley

Jetcat p80

Postby Jason manley » September 24th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Hi all

After a bit of advice please , I'm thinking about purchasing a boomerang intro that has jetcat p80 in , I believe it's the order version turbine

It has the ECU wrapped in red plastic could anyone tell me what version it is?
I can find anything on the net , looks like the same wrapping as the blue version 4.9

Is there any disadvantaged if it is the old ECU rather then the black box v6

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Steve Ogden

Re: Jetcat p80

Postby Steve Ogden » September 25th, 2016, 4:59 pm

Hi I have had a few P-80's but never one with an ecu that old. It will all come down to price. If it is low hours say less than 10 and there is no rumble from the bearings it is probobly worth £500 but it will be very slow to spool up but you will note this when you see it run. My last P-80 with a Ver 6 ecu took 10+ secounds from idel to full chat personally I would steer clear unless you really want it. It is not the one that has been doing the rounds of the LMA Swapmeets is it? (fixed U/C)

Jason manley

Postby Jason manley » September 25th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply , no it has robart trailing links with brakes , all servos , powered receiver
Ready to fly

The ECU is v2.01 with just under 8 hours run time

Roughly any idea what's is worth ?

Steve Ogden

Postby Steve Ogden » September 26th, 2016, 5:54 am

As I said previously I would steer clear but if I was to hand over cash I would not want to spend more than £600 but it is down to how much you want it and price is a very personal (one mans meat ect.)

Mike altham

Postby Mike altham » September 26th, 2016, 11:46 am

Ive had a few of the old jetcat 80 and never missed a beat. Mine were all gas auto start and fire up quicker than the modern ones. The last one I sold for 550 and that had 2 hours on it and it still runs like a dream.

The thing that seems to go on them is the thermocouple wire as mine did.

Mine were pushing back to 2002 in age and still were good.

Id say if the whole package was around the 1k mark then you are doing ok. Obviously if the servos etc and landing gear are good. Also what the airframe is like etc.

I always go off what the owner is like to, if they know their stuff about engines and it has been run with a fod gaurd on.

Jason manley

Postby Jason manley » September 26th, 2016, 4:27 pm

Thanks Steve and Mike for your replies

Return to “Jets”