Fail safe

This is an area for Off Topic Discussions which includes Tony Collins popular Fun Stuff.
Charles Morgan

Fail safe

Postby Charles Morgan » November 23rd, 2022, 10:29 pm

I wish to set the throttle for a petrol engine to tick over not completely closed. I have a Spektrum dx9 and a IX12 when I bind to the receiver and then test the throttle goes to fully closed any help please, thanks Charles

John Greenfield

Re: Fail safe

Postby John Greenfield » November 24th, 2022, 8:27 am

Set the throttle stick to the position you want the failsafe to be and re bind.

John

Charles Morgan

Postby Charles Morgan » November 24th, 2022, 10:25 am

Thanks John, but I have a Spektrum receiver and even when I set the throttle to tick over it defaults to closed. I believe there are some Spektrum receivers that one can set the throttle to another position, but not sure which will do it. I am currently using a Power Box evolution Spektrum receiver. I don’t mind buying another receiver as long as it will solve the problem.
I have a Titan magneto engine.Charles

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » November 25th, 2022, 7:35 am

Charles
I suspect that you need to set the failsafe in the "Powerbox" evolution and not in the transmitter.

John

Charles Morgan

Postby Charles Morgan » November 25th, 2022, 6:55 pm

I understand that the PowerBox Evolution Spektrum is based on a Spektrum DX8 chip and I have read that this only can send the throttle to full off.
I have now used a later Spektrum receiver and all works fine with forward programming, so the throttle now goes to tick over as I wanted.
Thanks again for your comments

Return to “The Old Forum Lounge”