Poor level of service

This is an area for Off Topic Discussions which includes Tony Collins popular Fun Stuff.
Mike Booth

Re: Poor level of service

Postby Mike Booth » December 3rd, 2011, 11:22 am

Dave keep going, in a way you are doing us all a favour in running the site for us.
There are few that would want the time commitment and responsibility. Personally I wouldn't bat an eyelid when it comes to dealing with the morons that haunt the net. In a country that has been buggered by a lefty Pc brigade, I would say apply some Scouse street wisdom and kick their arses.

stewart clifford

Postby stewart clifford » December 3rd, 2011, 2:26 pm

Dave Parry wrote:here is a taster of the daft accounts I have to delete in the lenght of a couple of hours.

Stinkyfive
akili00
kc5mih
atague
Snapman
Lionheart
cheshirelinker

is it any wonder we turn off the registration at times, now, can you imagine email them and telling them to re-register with there real name. :lol: :lol:

Are these guys for real?

Dave, this site is great just as it is, I keep well away from many forums as they seem to be full of idiots(wanted to use a different word) in dark smelly bedrooms typing absolute sh@te and most of these wierdo's barely attend their clubs and if they do they can't fly. As for this guy, get a life, if you dont get a reply within seconds, be patient I'm sure Dave has better things to do than to sit at his computor waiting for emails. People like you really annoy me, peasants, if after a couple of emails maybe pick up the phone or approach someone in person don't hide behind your computor. Theres only one word to describe this bloke, it's very naughty has only four letters and starts with a big C
Last edited by stewart clifford on December 3rd, 2011, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 3rd, 2011, 2:39 pm

Hi Mike, Stewart and all I can assure you he didn’t get of lightly, but I was diplomatic as I have to be in this roll, I can’t say what I really wanted to put. However I have no intentions of giving up, not with the support I am receiving on this thread and on emails you have all confirmed that I was right in my decision to respond to this individual.

The website/forum and Journal can get on top of you at times like any other job, the Journal did yesterday when I submitted it to the printer and got a phone call saying there is some issues with a couple of pages one being the front cover, nothing that can’t be fixed but it does get to you, but I shouldn’t expect anything else when you are pushing the boundaries trying something new. I think I have solved the issues now so the Journal will still be on time.

Thanks you all again for your support.

Paul Holt

Postby Paul Holt » December 14th, 2011, 8:48 pm

refrained from commenting on this thread. I've run a few forums in the past and can fully understand the frustration in moderating it.. With bots and viral sites creating bogus accounts and having to monitor what goes on. One I helped to admin had automatic inclusion as long as an email was verified. Each morning was a constant hassle of deleting accounts and threads advertising the sale of drugs, sex sites etc. But they guy running it wouldn't change anything. So for me keep running the forum as is. It's safe, it's reliable and i enjoy the forum!

Return to “The Old Forum Lounge”