sad news

This is an area for Off Topic Discussions which includes Tony Collins popular Fun Stuff.
Alan Cantwell 1131

sad news

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » August 29th, 2012, 12:41 am

It is with sad heart, that i have to inform you of a sad loss,
Tonight, i lost one of the best friends i have ever had, that whacky, story telling, organ playing, WW1aircraft loving lets build a fuselage never the wings, KEN HART, joint founder of the Dawn Patrol, Ken had recently won the battle against lung cancer,but sadly lost his partner, Margeret,for whom he had been a long term carer. We were all hoping that now, even at 73yr old, we would be getting him out to enjoy life with his buddies, sadly, it was not to be, for just over 8 short week ago,Ken was cruelly diagnosed with a brain tumour, as Ken said to me shortly after this cruel find, bet you dont want me to choose your lottery numbers, Al, Ken passed away surrounded by family, at 11.45 this evening, god bless mate, i will be wishing you luck as i wave you goodbye, loved you loads, I & many others will miss you Alan, secret long term decendant of the red baron,

Bob Thompson1894

Re: sad news

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » August 29th, 2012, 7:29 am

Oh, that is sad, Alan. Another of our great characters is lost. Had some looong phone conversations with him, once he got talking...... RIP mate.

Steve Morris

Postby Steve Morris » August 29th, 2012, 9:19 am

Alan, as already said a true loss of a great character, we will miss the tales from his life which kept us entertained at length.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends

Steve & Jude
Dawn Patrol

ian redshaw

Postby ian redshaw » August 29th, 2012, 9:33 am

Ken, you can truly rest in peace now old chum, you'll be sorely missed here, though our phone bills will go down somewhat.

RIP lad.

Ian.

Keith Mitchell

Postby Keith Mitchell » August 30th, 2012, 9:17 am

I first got to know Ken Hart in the 1980's when entering scale comp's at Woodvale. Ken was an affable - but widely knowledgeable - static judge, always fair and polite when making criticism which, if you had any sense, you would listen to.

We hit it off straight away, but perhaps I entrusted myself too easily to his easy-going demeanour as I didn't realise he was a founder member of the infamous 'Kamikaze' club. To be invited to one of the gatherings of this auspicious(?) institution(??) I suppose might be regarded as a bit of a compliment, but one was soon to discover otherwise.

Purporting to be a late-night ensemble of like-minded aeroplane addicts sharing their experiences - garnered with the occasional 'tipple' - was a gross misrepresentation and Ken Hart was central to that propaganda...... It was essentially a gross embibing of wonderful single malts - encouraged by some notable Scottish miscreants - and whatever other alcoholic concoction could be devised, accompanied by a progressively degenerating debate on aviation, models and the like. I left in the early hours of one morning suffering a 'near-death' experience because there was no blood left in my veins, only C2H5OH.....!!

This is just one small and personal recollection of another of the great modelling characters who have enriched our lives with both wit and charm. God bless you, mate .....

Keith

Mike Booth

Postby Mike Booth » August 30th, 2012, 9:24 pm

I had one liaison with Ken two years ago,when after buying a 40s portable gramophone on eBay I put out a request to LMA members.
The request was collection from its Yorkshire location.
Ken Hart answered the mission without the slightest delay.
He collected the gramophone and I met him at the Nationals.
He wouldn't take a penny for his trouble, poured me a drink and regaled me with a highly entertaining account of some aviation tale.
Id take a guess at saying this would speak volumes for a giving personality.

Thanks Ken , travel well.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » August 30th, 2012, 10:32 pm

i would just like you guys to know, that daughter Sonia--every bit as batty, and loveley as Ken, is looking in on these kind words, she extends an invitation TO EVERYONE who wishes to come along to celebreate Kens life, i promise you, there will be laughs, there will be tears, the Kamikaze club will be running again, ( you wont want to be driving!! ,i would advise a hotel room, ) up to now, the funeral will be 1 week this coming friday,followed by a celebration of kens life, were stories will be sallied back and forth, i will give details as i get them,

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » August 31st, 2012, 5:40 pm

Kens funeral will be taking place at Holinwood crematorium, details below, the family DOES hope a lot of you can come, friday, 1.00PM 7th september, dont dress morbid, dawn patrol members will be most welcome in DP shirts, no food stains allowed though, there will be a reception afterwards, details to come, here is the post code, and directions,

http://www.yell.com/b/Hollinwood+Cemete ... U-6650358/

Return to “The Old Forum Lounge”