Posting Pictures, the easy way.

This is an area for Off Topic Discussions which includes Tony Collins popular Fun Stuff.
Dave Parry
Site Admin

Posting Pictures, the easy way.

Postby Dave Parry » October 25th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Okay, I am going too attempted; to resolve this myth of can’t post pictures on this forum. Now if you are anything like me, instructions are a waste of time, I can’t follow them for toffee. So I prefer pictures to illustrate what to do rather than read a lot of waffle about nothing.

1.So the first thing is picture size, now, this can’t be more than 800 wide x 800 high, you will have to provide your own picture resize, the internet has quite a few free ones you can use.

2.When you click on post a reply of new topic, and copie your text, scroll down until you see the tab Options, Upload Attachments.

pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 5958 times

3. then click on the Browse button and find your picture, once you have done that click on Add the File.

pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg (12.72 KiB) Viewed 5958 times

4. Click on Place inline and you are done.

pic3.jpg
pic3.jpg (9.82 KiB) Viewed 5958 times

So there you have it, I hope this helps anyone who is like me can't follow the written word without good old pictures to help along the way. :geek:

Tony Collins 1073

Re: Posting Pictures, the easy way.

Postby Tony Collins 1073 » October 25th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Hi Dave. Has the maximum pixel size for pics changed from 640 wide x 400 High. If so I missed that one. :)

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » October 25th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Hi Tony, I have up the size (sorry) to something half decent and a bit easier to remember. I am sure it will come back and bite me; I am not taking anything away from you explanation I am just getting a lot of emails telling me they can’t upload pictures, this forum isn’t the friendliest of forums for pictures that’s for sure.

richard welch

Postby richard welch » August 11th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Getting nowhere trying to post pictures, upload attatchment option not shown, downloaded all pictures to flickr and cannot find way to to put link in, Grrrr

Tony Collins 1073

Postby Tony Collins 1073 » August 12th, 2021, 1:15 pm

Hi Richard. Although Daves instructions to post a pictures was made years ago, What he explains is correct.

I think the only difference now is when you have clicked on reply at the bottom of the page you will see options and attachments
not upload attachments.
I dont know how flickr will work because you must select pictures from a saved location on your PC.
For example the easy way is to make a folder and name it something relevant like piccys. Then locate your pics, copy them,
and paste into this folder. I dont know what your pc abilites are but it's easiest to make a folder in desktop.
Right click on desktop - click new- click folder.

When you have clicked on attachments you will have an option to add files- click on this.
Exlorer will then open up so just locate desktop , click on it and look for the folder that you made with your pics in.
Open it, locate the picture you need to post, select it and save.
you will then have an option to place inline or delete. If you click place inline that's what it will do.
If you want to see a peview of your post click on preview.. If all is well click on submit. Job done.
If you pics are too large to be accepted just use this resizer.

viewtclickopic.php?f=8&t=2056

Good Luck, dont be afraid to come back if you need to.

Tony.

Return to “The Old Forum Lounge”