Website debate

This is an area for Off Topic Discussions which includes Tony Collins popular Fun Stuff.
Bob Thompson1894

Re: Website debate

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » February 22nd, 2013, 3:56 pm

Dave Parry wrote:
Bob Thompson1894 wrote:The last change was 2008.....

I assume that was when this forum was created Bob.

There was a basic forum before this one, ( I think this one was started by Robin Woodhead, who was the one to insist on 'proper' names, because of all the rubbish and nasty posts put on the original forum. I was actually against changing it then, but it has been for the better.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » March 1st, 2013, 9:02 pm

Okay moving on this is what I have posted on the front page this month for those who don't bother to go there.

The wire frame for the new website is now in place and I feel most will like the new layout, it is essentially half webpage and half forum. There are a few tweaks still to do. I am doing away with the YouTube idea as it has become too labour intensive, however there will be an opportunity for members to upload their own videos. Maybe this could be the maiden flight of your new winter projects or maybe just something you found that would interest the members. The website we be the main source of up to the minute information and hopefully your first stop place to get all the latest info on what is happening in the Association. The other big advantages will be membership and public camping available to pay online and pilot’s applications will be an online form for all our events.

Website Future:
For the future, we see our Merchandise becoming an online shop, the journal becoming available online and streaming live video from events as it is happening. The possibilities are endless and with the next generation already becoming members this website will be able to move with the times. I have said it before, I am truly sorry if you are not interested in the internet and anything to do with it I am afraid you will be at a disadvantage, it is a sign of the times and the Association has to move with this or risk becoming a dinosaur.

Alan Bithrey

Postby Alan Bithrey » March 1st, 2013, 9:51 pm

and streaming live video from events as it is happening.

Now that will be an excellent addition!

Alan

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » March 2nd, 2013, 8:54 am

Nice forward thinking, Dave. As for dinosaurs- well, they are already on 'tinternet, so hardly a problem!

Return to “The Old Forum Lounge”