Cheddar Fly-in 2018

Ronald Bellinger

Cheddar Fly-in 2018

Postby Ronald Bellinger » July 1st, 2018, 7:05 pm

Change of access arrangments.

When entering the field from the farm yard .Turn left, along the new formed road , access the flying field by the gate in the left
corner of field.

I would like to take this opertunity to remind members to pre-book Fly-in to be sure of a place.

Some members who were not aware of this rquirment ( due lack of internet access and missing listing in journal).
if you know of anyone please ask them to contact me on 01225 423733

Ron

Steve Perry

Re: Cheddar Fly-in 2018

Postby Steve Perry » July 1st, 2018, 11:03 pm

It is also worth printing out and taking along the confirmation email that you are sent when booking just in case of a clerical error :)

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » July 2nd, 2018, 7:10 am

Hi Ron, I have very limited space in the Journal to post events, it is there to let people know the date and place of the event and where it is nothing more. If you need to add more info to your event in future please send it to me and I will add it on the news & update pages of the Journal.

PS... You could (if you wanted) do a poster like we do for the LMA shows with all your info on I have a reserved page for LMA event to advertise on.
LMA Journal Editor :geek:
You can contact me at: lma.journal.newsdesk@gmail.com or Dave.Parry07 on Image

Ronald Bellinger

Postby Ronald Bellinger » July 2nd, 2018, 6:20 pm

Good evening Steve.
The reason for making this a pre-bookable eventis to ensure that arrivals are paid up members of the LMA.We have in the pass had problems with this last year we found 3 non members .as Lynne Roberts was at the event we were able to get them to join the LMA .
My post was to ensure that this is a requirment and inform members who may have missed out due lack of information ,or being unable to use the web, to phone before the event, to allow me to get LMA confirmation and arrange to have the forms available to sign on arrival.
Reason for pre- booking.
To reduce my work load in checking in , and ensure that only insured LMA members
Being unable due to poor available services, to confirm membership
To arrange logistics and and control number of applicants.

Ron

paul smith

Postby paul smith » July 10th, 2018, 7:00 pm

cheers Ron for a really nice days flying

Frank Skilbeck

Postby Frank Skilbeck » July 14th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Had a cracking days flying on Thursday 12th July, thanks to all involved.

Dave Tregaskes

Postby Dave Tregaskes » July 17th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Just got home after the best weeks flying ever. Many thanks to Ron and Paul Bellinger for the use of their site.
We found beautifully manicured caravan parking areas and runway to enjoy. The runway was enormous and topped by miles of open sky to use, no restrictions of any kind, just fabulous.
Met many old friends and made lots of new ones, the best LMA function I have ever attended - BAR NONE.
The weather was perfect too - very hot with light winds, the lack of shade proved difficult for some in the heat, but far better that than rain and high winds.
Some people intend to take longer from work next year to enjoy the full week, I would like to press Ron to extend next year to two weeks - I will certainly be first in the queue.
brilliant flying, great models to watch and endless aviation chatter - what could be better.

Many thanks to all involved in the organisation.

Dave Tregaskes 2474

Return to “LMA Events 2018”