Steam Fair Show 2020

Peter Smedley

Steam Fair Show 2020

Postby Peter Smedley » October 21st, 2018, 8:04 am

For the last few years I’ve been organising and running club’s flying event at one of the largest Steam Fairs in Devon and Cornwall. This is hosted by the Cornwall Traction Preservation Trust. It is held near Padstow on the North Coast of Cornwall on the last May Bank Holiday, on Saturday and Sunday.
The St Austell DMC members are great at helping out and I couldn’t do it without these unsung heros.

2020 is the 60th anniversary of the CTPT and the committee are already thinking of making this the biggest show they have ever done.

The Chairman of the CTPT has really helped the St Austell Club in putting on flying events at the steam fair and he is very keen that we put on something special in 2020. He has already indicated that a proper mow grass strip will be available. He is fully aware of the needs of model fliers in respect of crowd distances etc as we have worked closely together on this in previous years.

And the point of all this ......I’m asking if the LMA would like to participate, fly, organise this event or help in any way. It has been said in the past that the LMA could be looking for new venues. Would anyone be interested in the 2020 Show ? I know it’s a long way off but there is much to do.
Fly ‘til I die...

Peter Smedley

Re: Steam Fair Show 2020

Postby Peter Smedley » December 8th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Any interest ?
Fly ‘til I die...

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » December 23rd, 2018, 5:47 pm

No interest at all ?
Fly ‘til I die...

Rob Buckley

Postby Rob Buckley » December 24th, 2018, 10:03 am

Peter,

We'll give it a discussing at the next board meeting, but it's most likely a bit too far away to be an 'official' LMA run event. There's nothing to stop any interested members hading down for a fly.
LMA Secretary - I've got a reasonable idea where you live!

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » December 27th, 2018, 7:19 am

Thanks for taking the time to discuss it. Any LMA member wishing to come would be made very welcome.

I’ve also forwarded the details to the admin team at the BMFA, to see if they can raise any interest.
Fly ‘til I die...

kylemillett

Postby kylemillett » February 18th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Hi Peter - Wee could bring a gathering from the Blackdown RCFC.

keep me posted with dates and times.

Cheers,

Kyle

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » February 19th, 2019, 9:30 am

Just a thought here- as this is Spring Bank Holiday, could caravans be allowed to stay on site for the week? Many people love the idea of Cornwall but the thought of the holiday traffic puts many off. Going there just for the Saturday and Sunday would be prohibitive for many. Including those dates in a holiday may be much more convenient.

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » February 21st, 2019, 1:47 am

Usually caravans are allowed for the Thursday to Monday but I would need to check.
Fly ‘til I die...

Return to “Non LMA Events 2019”