Are Multiplex likely to do a Futaba Module?

The latest information and advice on installing and using 2.4 Ghz systems in over 20 Kg model aircraft
Chris Hurst

Are Multiplex likely to do a Futaba Module?

Postby Chris Hurst » March 17th, 2011, 3:21 pm

I see Multiplex now do a module for JR transmitters as well as their own equipment.

Does anybody know if a Futaba equivalent is likely.

If so, any views? If not then what?

I have two 9ZAP transmitters and I would like to stick with these. Currently I still fly almost everything on 35 MHz PCM.

I do have a Spektrum module and one A7000 receiver. This has behaved faultlessly but I can't stand the plug and lead sticking out of the back! Also I have seen enough Spektrum issues affecting people I trust to make me uneasy.

Suggestions and comments would be welcome.

Thanks

Chris

John Greenfield

Re: Are Multiplex likely to do a Futaba Module?

Postby John Greenfield » March 18th, 2011, 7:40 am

Maybe a silly question but I would like to know why you do not want to put a Futaba module in your Futaba radio !?

John

Chris Hurst

Re: Are Multiplex likely to do a Futaba Module?

Postby Chris Hurst » March 18th, 2011, 11:56 am

John Greenfield wrote:Maybe a silly question but I would like to know why you do not want to put a Futaba module in your Futaba radio !?

John

No reason at all!

Making the change will be quite an investment as I have a lot of models (i.e. too many) so I'm just considering all options before taking the plunge.

I know very few people using Futaba 2.4. The few that are seem very happy wit it. The vast majority I know use Spektrum but some issues have given me reservations.

Chris

Return to “2.4 Ghz and Large Models”