Multiplex DR pro M-Link 2,4 GHz Rx's and Over 20kg Models

The latest information and advice on installing and using 2.4 Ghz systems in over 20 Kg model aircraft
Steve Rickett 2333

Multiplex DR pro M-Link 2,4 GHz Rx's and Over 20kg Models

Postby Steve Rickett 2333 » December 12th, 2009, 3:07 pm

Has the LMA had a chance to look at these Rx's and decifer their suitability for Over 20kg models?

The Multiplex description is:

Our premium range of M-LINK receivers: 9-channel MULTIPLEX 2.4 GHz units for the demanding modeller. These receivers feature two complete receiving circuits
operating in parallel (receiver diversity). In conjunction with a special signal amplification circuit this ensures very high sensitivity, excellent reception quality and maximum effective system range. All three receivers feature replaceable aerials; fitting aerials of different length enables the user to deploy the aerials efficiently in any model. The aerial connectors are fitted with high-quality gold-plated contacts.
The receivers also feature a MULTIPLEX M6 high-current connector which provides a reliable connection for the receiver power supply; an external high-power supply unit is not required. Another interesting feature is individual protection for each servo socket against overload and short-circuit; this ensures that the power supply to the rest of the system is not adversely affected if a fault occurs in one component, such as a defective servo. Yet another special feature is the cable securing clip. This can be fitted to the case when required, and protects all cables from working loose accidentally. Highly recommended for models where vibration is a serious problem!
• HOLD / FAIL-SAFE function
• Telemetry / Feedback channel capability
• Integral sensor interface for connecting external sensor modules (max. 16)
• Prepared for dual-receiver diversity operation (diversity lead # 8 5070 required)
• Integral error counter / data logger
• Voltage errors and signal errors indicated by separate LEDs
• MULTImate compatible
• Integral PC interface

Specification:
Servo channel count 9
Reception system 2.4 GHz FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum)
Operating voltage 3.5 V … 9.0 V
Power supply 4 - 5 NiXX cells, 2S LiPo / LiIo
Permissible operating voltage range - 20°C … + 55°C
Dimensions (L x W x H) approx. 86 x 54 x 18,5 mm
Weight approx. 60 g

They talk about two complete receiving circuits operating in parrallel...but only one power input. Do they mean that there are 6 pins on a Multiplex M6 plug and you can have 3 power inputs? I don't think so.

I first thought that ONE of these Rx's might satisfy the Over 20kg models...but I am having second thoughts now.

Anyone know anything more about these?

Steve

DAVE JOHNSON

Re: Multiplex DR pro M-Link 2,4 GHz Rx's and Over 20kg Models

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » December 12th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Steve--i would also be concerned about there wording---i havnt seen one yet,but before i would accept it in a over 20 model,i would want a spec sheet from the manufacturers to make sure that there are two completeley seperate receiver/battery systems,with no common link that could fail---this is the criteria from the CAA

Steve Rickett 2333

Postby Steve Rickett 2333 » December 14th, 2009, 10:07 am

Speaking to John Macnamara a bit more about this...he says:

"The Rx has 3 battery inputs, two that power the individual Rx's and the 6 Pin system for the servos. Multiple batteries can be brought to this plug but at this point they would be in true parallel."

So at least it has multiple inputs to the Rx's...but only one to the servos!?

I would think then that if a Powerbox or the like is installed after the Rx.....before the servos..with the two independant batts then this would then satisfy the requirement?

Steve

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » December 14th, 2009, 1:12 pm

Steve--that does sound better---it could be worth asking John Mac to ask Multiplex for a spec sheet[i think he has dealings with them?],we could then circulate around the other inspectors for future reference--but in the meantime,if you are sure there is no common point that could fail between the two sytems,the CAA regs would be complied with

Steve Rickett 2333

Postby Steve Rickett 2333 » December 14th, 2009, 4:13 pm

Thanks Dave,

We are working on getting the spec sheet! I'll let you know what we decide...

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » December 14th, 2009, 4:17 pm

OK Steve--thanks

Return to “2.4 Ghz and Large Models”