Weatronic 2.4GHz - Available in UK

The latest information and advice on installing and using 2.4 Ghz systems in over 20 Kg model aircraft
Martin Waller

Weatronic 2.4GHz - Available in UK

Postby Martin Waller » December 26th, 2009, 9:49 am

by M J Waller LMA 1237

As many of you know I have been flying Weatronic 2.4Ghz with my Graupner MC24 tranmsitters since the beginning of August 2009. The performance of this system in nothing sort of outstanding. In range checks on low power setting I get at least 3 times the manufacturers range of 90 to 100 paces. (I get 270m with 10ch Micro and 330m in the 12-22 in model on the ground) Ground range at full power is stated as greater than 3,000metres or 5,000 meters with the patch aerials on the Gizmo 12/22R Receivers. Purchasing from the factory is OK but now we have a main agent in the UK, Ace Jets at Grantham run by Martyn Little who also has flown Weatronic 2.4 since 2009 when it came out and the 35Meg versions for a number of years before that. They have a website Ace Jets .com.

Ace Jets have a wide range of the Weatronic system in stock plus extensive knowledge of the programming of the same. They now have the BAT60 transmitter in stock and are taking orders for the tray type BAT64 that will be on sale after Christmas subject to a lot of pre orders in the pipeline. These new Transmitters work with all the existing Weatronic receivers with unlimited channels only limit is servo outlets so a Gizmo 30 would be a 30 channel receiver in the old system. I have just 24 receivers and two MC24 transmitters with the DV4 Bluetooth module. My new BAT64 is on order with Ace Jets. The Gizmo receivers work great on 3 cell A123 packs of either 2500 or 5000 capacity. I generally only use 5,000 when the additional weight is required up front in a big jet. 2,500 is plenty even for 8911 and 8711 servos as the C value is so high 60 I believe on genuine A123 batteries.
This new Weatronic system is in my view the best on the market with the next best way behind it. The old modules on a MC24 were un-matched but these new BAT transmitters are from another planet.
Last edited by Martin Waller on December 19th, 2014, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Waller

Re: Weatronic 2.4GHz - Available in UK

Postby Martin Waller » December 19th, 2014, 10:04 am

I have updated the above on the 19th December 2014 to reflect the new BAT transmitters and Ace Jets.

Martin Waller

Re: Weatronic 2.4GHz - Available in UK

Postby Martin Waller » May 21st, 2015, 5:04 pm

AN UPDATE TO THE ABOVE

Two weeks ago I received my new BAT64 Transmitter from Ace Jets. It has more than lived up to expectations. Range in my view is greater than the module version. I gave up on the range test at 310meters and still working on reduced power. 60 meters are I think OK on the BAT64 and BAT60.

The functionality is greater than the MC24 DV4 Bluetooth module combination. The use of functions instead of channels is fantastic as up to to 90 servos can be individually programmed. basically there are unlimited channels and I use a function instead of a mixer giving individual fail safe on the components of control channelled to a control surface. ie trim elevator correction for flaps needs to be hold, elevator from main control stick neutral, flaps on hold and butterfly on hold for the ailerons but ailerons from main stick need to be neutral.

I am still waiting for the updates to activate the Gyro units embedded in many of my receivers so these planes are still on the MC24 with Weatronic module. Also the SD card software is due for release. this is all due in the next 6 weeks.

A most impressive Tx and I am very glad I waited. Can be used standalone or the display channelled to a computer for a big view of the screen and mouse clicking as opposed to screen touching.

Return to “2.4 Ghz and Large Models”