Wanted, spare parts.

Post your sales or wanted list here
David Jones

Wanted, spare parts.

Postby David Jones » December 3rd, 2021, 9:25 am

I know this may be a long shot, but here goes. I'm refurbishing an old Carl Goldberg Anniversary Cub (the 1.5 scale, fully built up kit) and I need a full glazing set and cowl. I've had no response from Goldberg,(to be honest their website home page reads more like a dating site for singles) and a couple of other outlets, with no joy. If nobody has any of these bits, does anybody know where I might be able to source them. Thanks for reading this, David Jones.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Re: Wanted, spare parts.

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » December 4th, 2021, 5:15 am

http://www.carboncopyuk.com/index.php?r ... uct_id=114

If you google piper cub plan, there are several that show windscreen out lines, sides can be acetate sheet?

David Jones

Postby David Jones » December 4th, 2021, 10:42 am

Thanks for that Alan, if I don't come up with anything else I'll get the cowl from Carbon Copy. I can salvage the glaazing at a pinch, but I would have preferred new. The windscreen is the main bug bear as its moulded over the top of the fuse. The side windows can be done using acetate sheet. All to be considered. David Jones.

Richard Hodge

Postby Richard Hodge » December 4th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Just a thought have you tried the SIG ANNIVERSARY CUB 1/5 SCALE KIT PARTS they probably fit?https://sigmfg.com/collections/sig-r-c-kit-parts/products/sig-j3-anniversary-cub?variant=46110664841

David Jones

Postby David Jones » December 5th, 2021, 11:39 am

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. I have considered the bits for the Sig version, but I read on another forum (I think it was an American website) that they dont fit. The Sig Cub is a true 1/5 scale, and is slightly bigger than the Goldberg Cub which is scaled at 1/5.5. I can get away with acetate sheet for the side windows and probably with a cowl from Carbon Copy. It's just the windscreen that needs sourcing. Once again, thanks for taking the time to contact me. David Jones.

Paul Lewis

Postby Paul Lewis » December 6th, 2021, 5:14 pm

What's wrong with the original cowl if you don't mind me asking!

David Jones

Postby David Jones » December 7th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Hi Paul, the original cowl is no longer suitable. I cut it into two pieces (top and bottom) and cut a lot away to fit a Saito FS60 flat twin and flew the model on that for several years, though I was never all that impressed with the engine. The model needs a good refurb now, so I'm recovering it and fitting an OS FS61, hence the need for a new cowl, which I have since ordered from Carbon Copy. It seams like a lot of trouble for an old model, but there is a lot of sentimental value attached to it. David Jones

Return to “For Sale or Wanted”