Adfa Models 1/4 Scale Super Decathlon Project - SOLD

Post your sales or wanted list here
Chris Hurst

Adfa Models 1/4 Scale Super Decathlon Project - SOLD

Postby Chris Hurst » August 18th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Is anybody interested it taking this project off my hands at a bargain price?

The story.....

First the good bit....

Some years ago I was given a nicely made and beautifully covered pair of wings from an Adfa Models 25% Decathlon, in the classic red and white colour scheme. One of the strut mounting points needs attention but apart from that they seem perfect.

Now the bad bit...

I then bought, remotely, a complete model that was apparently unflown but had been poorly (to say the least!) covered! My intention was to tidy up the fuselage and marry the two. However, on stripping the fuselage I got to a structure that there was no way I would consider flying! The wings that came with it seem a bit better that the fuselage but nowhere near as good as the ones I had already got.

I have done some work on the fuselage, introducing new hard wood stringers etc and got it straight and true but it still needs quite a lot of work with capping strips and, at the front, improved sheeting to get to something nice before covering. The cabin windows etc, which I have removed, had all been liberally smeared with glue by the original builder and frankly need replacing. The front windscreen is, fortunately, just intended to be bent from a flat sheet which at least makes this all fairly easy to do. The cowl has been painted (badly!!) but doesn't seem to have ever seen fuel so should be easy to rub down and respray. I have the wing struts which may well be functional but really want remaking!

Other good bits...

It has a decent heavy duty aluminium undercarriage and wheels, a good tail wheel assembly and a nice carbon fibre wing joiner. These bits alone are worth the asking price!

I also have the spats that came with the decent wings, although these do need a little attention (but are not bad).

So, is this project worth say £60 to somebody? Buyer to collect from Cambridge. NOTE - Airframe sold - Many thanks

I also have a CRRC Pro 45cc petrol engine, complete with a Pitts style silencer, that the original builder was intending to use. Having upgraded the ignition it seems to run fine as I have briefly used it on another model.

You can have that for another £60. NOTE - Engine sold - Many thanks.

Or buy both for £100 and make yourself a lovely bargain model for next season.

Go on, you know you want to!!

Thanks

Chris

07930 758495

SD4.JPG
SD4.JPG (88.89 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

SD3.JPG
SD3.JPG (101.55 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

SD1.JPG
SD1.JPG (98.8 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

Return to “For Sale or Wanted”