(some) 3d printed parts for FN5 turret at 1:4.5

Post your sales or wanted list here
Timothy Huff

(some) 3d printed parts for FN5 turret at 1:4.5

Postby Timothy Huff » December 9th, 2018, 4:25 pm

I have a medium-sized box of 3d-printed parts that proved unsuitable for various reasons for my turrets, but which might proved useful to someone building a turret at this scale. Some parts would also be suitable for other FN turrets, as there was quite a lot of common components between different turrets.

As there are two many parts to list, and some are broken/too thin etc, I don't feel comfortabe selling these, however if someone were to cover the postage, and undertake to make a donation to 'Help for Heroes' or the 'RAF Benevolent fund', in keeping with how useful they find the parts, that'd be a good result.

Included, but not limited to, are some chordal-braces, which would require cladding, some fixed-rings with bearing surfaces, around 200 interconnecting .303 bullets (painted) to make belted ammunition, ammunition chutes (overly thin for my purposes), and baffles (ditto). Also dozens of small parts that'd be useful for detailing.

If the 'buyer' were to want other parts printed, such as the Brownings, gun-cradle components, or indeed any other parts on my turrets I'd be happy to print these at cost plus 15%. It does take a fair amount of time to prepare a list of parts into a nest for submission to a 3d printer, so I would need to make a small charge. The easiest way to identify desired parts would be to "dot" such parts with a red-dot from any image of my turrets and ask for such dotted parts.

I would emphasise that these are really only suitable for a cosemetic turret, and that making a turret capable of of elevation/depression of the guns would likely be impossible with these parts.

ian redshaw

Re: (some) 3d printed parts for FN5 turret at 1:4.5

Postby ian redshaw » December 11th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Hi Timothy, I'd obviously be very interested in the partial turret components. I've sent you a message though feel free to ring or text me on 0 7 7 7 3 4 8 7 1 1 1.

Cheers, Ian.

(Who knows, it might even spur some work on the restoration of JG's lovely Wellington!)

Timothy Huff

Postby Timothy Huff » December 11th, 2018, 11:02 pm

Hi Ian,

I'll prepare the box for postage, and then come back to you regarding that.

Timothy Huff

Postby Timothy Huff » December 13th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Ian - I went through the box yesterday, and there's rather more than I realised, in terms of numbers of both small and large parts. I think it would probably save you a huge amount of time if I made a simple key so you know 'where bits go' within a typical FN5 turret, as many items are not readily identifiable before painting.

I'll come back to you with the postage next week.

ian redshaw

Postby ian redshaw » December 13th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Great stuff Timothy, much appreciated.

Ian.

Timothy Huff

Postby Timothy Huff » December 13th, 2018, 9:06 pm

Ian I've left a msg on your voicemail

ian redshaw

Postby ian redshaw » December 15th, 2018, 11:06 am

Great to speak with you yesterday Tim, you certainly are the oracle when it comes to the Wellington! Looking forward to the box, then hopefully a trip down to see you and you work! Many thanks, Ian.

Timothy Huff

Postby Timothy Huff » December 18th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Ian, box went into the post yesterday lunchtime, so should - in theory - be with you Wednesday onwards. Let me know when it pitches up? Looking forward to meeting you in the New Year.

Tim

Return to “For Sale or Wanted”