Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
richard armstrong

Re: twin engines

Postby richard armstrong » April 18th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Bob Thompson1894 wrote:if Richard is ever to get actually flying a large model,

#

i think bob will have a heart attack
Richard "the rocket" Armstrong

"Fly me to the moon" then crash and burn BABY!

Denis Brown

Postby Denis Brown » April 18th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Pics please of
Richard flying one

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » April 19th, 2015, 8:47 am

Or some pics of the builds?

paul hughes

Postby paul hughes » April 19th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Richard, the Cessna 182 will fly very nicely with a Zenoah 62 as anyone who has built one will tell you. If you put too large an engine in it will be over weight and not nice to fly, sometimes less gives you more!
Please don't dream about building a 1/4 scale Harvard you are not capable. You talk a good game but the facts are you havn't got the experience. sorry if that's a bit harsh but it needs to be said!

richard armstrong

Postby richard armstrong » April 20th, 2015, 10:26 am

paul hughes wrote:Please don't dream about building a 1/4 scale Harvard you are not capable. You talk a good game but the facts are you haven't got the experience. sorry if that's a bit harsh but it needs to be said!

Paul u are not being harsh but what you believe to be truthful, so i can see your point but i been building models since i was 12, whether it be plastic kits or balsa planes, large or small, but to say i don't have any experience, wow what an assumption.

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » April 20th, 2015, 11:11 am

You certainly do not have the experience to contemplate a quarter scale Harvard- not many do, including me! Maybe you had better show us some pictures of large models you have built, in order to better assess what experience you do have. Then we won't have to assume, and can give proper advice based on what you do know....

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » April 23rd, 2015, 5:33 am

No one has mentioned the Evolution Petrol. I have a 33gx, super engine never missed a beat, economical and uses the same fuel /oil mix as a Zenoah. I carry one fuel can for both engines.

Clive Hall

Postby Clive Hall » April 28th, 2015, 9:32 am

I have an MVVS 26cc engine, built like a watch, runs like a sewing machine, tough as a Russian tank. This company has a long history of making good engines and the latest ones are first class. Note that the ‘Evolution’ versions from 26cc upwards are actually MVVS. Can’t speak too highly of my specimen.

richard armstrong

Postby richard armstrong » April 29th, 2015, 7:03 am

paul hughes wrote:Richard, the Cessna 182 will fly very nicely with a Zenoah 62 as anyone who has built one will tell you. If you put too large an engine in it will be over weight and not nice to fly, sometimes less gives you more!

well on this occasion i following the designers suggestions, Richard from falcon aviation is designing the 1/3rd scale Cessna 182 (12ft)

Return to “General Discussion Topics”