Christmas Journal

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Dave Parry
Site Admin

Christmas Journal

Postby Dave Parry » December 17th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Hi all, you should all be receiving your Christmas Journal from today onwards. May I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Bob Thompson1894

Re: Christmas Journal

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » December 17th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Just got it. Not had a chance to peruse yet. Happy Christmas to you and yours Dave.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » December 17th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Just got it, perusal later

David Baker

Postby David Baker » December 17th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Its a great journal.. A photo massive!
I couldn't believe it when I saw my Stampe and my Cub in the photo report of the Southport fun fly (not even bothered my name was spelled wrong!... You are forgiven!)
Even better you managed to include a photo of the gorgeous "Shuttleworth collection" Tiger Moth built and flown by one of the few LMA's lady fliers. Christine Evans at her first ever LMA event.
Thank you
Dave Baker

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 17th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Apologies Dave, I do that a lot. I knew it was Christine's model I just couldn't remember her second name, and run out of time to ask, my apologies to her as well. It was a great weekend and a good laugh, which is what it is all about.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 17th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Bob Thompson1894 wrote:Just got it. Not had a chance to peruse yet. Happy Christmas to you and yours Dave.

Thanks, same to you Bob

David Jones

Postby David Jones » December 18th, 2016, 10:19 am

Nice to see you got the "Brewers Loop" models in the Southport show report, you've certainly got to grips with that fancy camera. We really must get a routine together for next season. If we don't see you before the start of the festivities, all the best to you and yours. Dave Jones, on behalf of the "Flying Breweries".

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 18th, 2016, 12:13 pm

Hi Dave, I am getting there, it is still a minefield to understanding photography, not sure I ever will, still the more you play the better it becomes, although the Southport ones made me feel like I had gone backwards. It was a dreadful sky all weekend so not mastered them weather conditions just yet with the camera just yet. I hope to see you all over the festive period I am hoping we are going to get some days out before going back to work. All the best to you and the lads just in case we don't.

stuart knowles 1611

Postby stuart knowles 1611 » December 18th, 2016, 1:37 pm

I've had a run through on my copy. The centre spread photo is an absolute King both the quality of the subject and the quality of the photograph. Nice to see the build articles, always my favourite bits. I am looking forward to seeing the Wellesley come on. and finally I would have liked to know more about the book 'Spitfire in my Garage' on the inside front cover. I haven't had time to follow up on it and I'm sure that google will be my friend but I intend to chase down a copy.

Credit to you Mr Ed'

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 18th, 2016, 3:36 pm

Hi Stuart, I am so glad you are enjoying the Christmas edition of the Journal, The Spitfire in my workshop is by David Glen, I have featured it before, but it is such a good book I thought it might be good to feature it again. It could be a good Christmas present for someone. Anyway here is a link to his website. http://www.spitfireinmyworkshop.net David is also the builder of the P51 Mustang model that is in the glass case at Cosford. David did an article on it in Journal issue 150, page 22 to 25. Have a great Christmas.

Bob Johnstone

Postby Bob Johnstone » December 29th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Journal nice, I especially liked the colour schemes of "the brewers loop". Hmm, a Scottish themed one ?

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 30th, 2016, 7:24 am

That would be good Bob, I am glad you like the Journal.

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » December 31st, 2016, 4:14 am

Always look forward to the LMA rag. The article on landing this month is excellent. Congratulations on producing a high quality read for the mind and the eye.
The journal is far more a proffesional job than the bmfa magazine

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 31st, 2016, 7:17 am

Peter, Wow!! high parse indeed, and thankyou! :oops: I agree with you on the landing article a big thanks to Clive Hall for sending it in to me. But for me all articles are great, for someone to sit down and take the time to write one and provide the pictures to go with it, is a bit commitment. I am eternally grateful that members do.

PS... The wife has just told me to sit here until my head get back to its normal size (I have no idea what's she's talking about) :lol:

Return to “General Discussion Topics”