Hanger Accident

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Mike Dorfgar

Hanger Accident

Postby Mike Dorfgar » March 23rd, 2011, 9:34 pm

I have just had a complete 1/3 Cub's wing wiped out by a wall of my workshop falling in and totally destroying it.
Has anyone had a similar experience? I could do with some advice - my insurers want details of the replacement cost. How does one put a value on these things and produce evidence to back it up!

Mike Dorfgar

Andy Boylett

Re: Hanger Accident

Postby Andy Boylett » March 23rd, 2011, 10:34 pm

Mike,
when I had to claim for something built myself the insurance company agreed to me getting quotes from companies that would make a new one....you draft out the spec of awhat you need and then get a quote form fighteraces or one or 2 others who build to order.
Regards
Andy

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » March 23rd, 2011, 10:57 pm

I had models and kids bikes stolen many years ago, i listed the component parts, to build fresh, the insurance knocked me back on the door i had fitted, saying they would only pay a quarter of the new cost, as they could supply cheaper, i decided to get a qoute for models built and supplied, this came to a lot more money, they baulked, but paid out, message is, do as said above, get qoutes for a built, replaced model, not a kit plus bits etc, best of luck to you
Last edited by Alan Cantwell 1131 on March 24th, 2011, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Dorfgar

Postby Mike Dorfgar » March 24th, 2011, 12:23 pm

Many thanks Andy I will speak to Fighteraces.
Best regards.
Mike

Mike Dorfgar

Postby Mike Dorfgar » March 24th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Thanks for the advice Alan.
Regards.
Mike

Return to “General Discussion Topics”