Alex Whittaker, photographer extreme, R.I.P

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Alan Cantwell 1131

Alex Whittaker, photographer extreme, R.I.P

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » July 16th, 2022, 9:48 am

Just heard that Alex, top man& photographer, and all round good guy, has died suddenly, collapsed while working on his boat, my sincere condolences extend to his family, and the Delyn model club, who all will be devastated at this sudden& terrible loss,

paul hughes

Re: Alex Whittaker, photographer extreme, R.I.P

Postby paul hughes » July 16th, 2022, 10:37 am

What a shock, he looked fit as a fiddle recently. condolences to his family & may his god go with him.

BRIAN RAWCLIFFE

Postby BRIAN RAWCLIFFE » July 16th, 2022, 11:42 am

As Paul said above, what a shock. Alex sat with myself and Paul Crawshaw at the Pontefract vintage flying event thee weeks ago and he was on his best. Our condolences to his family, he will be very much missed in the hobby.

Rob Buckley

Postby Rob Buckley » July 17th, 2022, 9:16 am

By David Morris, Etc.

An absolute shock to read of Alex’s Passing.
Having met him over twenty years ago at Old Warden over twenty years ago with his photographer friend and at various other model flying events. His cheerful, like me, cheeky, impish manner always brought a smile to my face.
Usual Chat on Cosford Sunday he looked bright and cheerful, so this is a real shock.
Please pass my sincere condolences to his family, He WILL really be missed.

Many thanks in anticipation. See You at Much Marcle. Regards David
LMA Secretary - I've got a reasonable idea where you live!

IAN TURNEY-WHITE

Postby IAN TURNEY-WHITE » July 17th, 2022, 2:05 pm

A real shock , I chatted with Alex at Cosford , he said " I see you have brought my favourite model aircraft ( my Bristol Bulldog )
and photographing it at Withernsea for your article in RCM & E way back in 2004 was my first assignment for the magazine "
Always had a laugh with Alex and his enthusiasm was infectious , a superb photographer , a real character , he will be much missed
Ian and Doreen Turney-White

stuart knowles 1611

Postby stuart knowles 1611 » July 17th, 2022, 6:34 pm

Such a shame to hear this awful news. I met him a few times - he was always willing to chat and always full of enthusiasm for the hobby. I also liked to read his column in the mags, he 'Shedly musings' which were insightful and funny. I admired his thinking on modeling. In his 'Bushwacker' trainer design that was published in the mags, he went out of his way to make all of the fittings and fixtures that we have got so used to just buying. Beech rail engine mounts, piano wire quick links and sown hinges, for no reason other that showing that it can be done - easy, effective and low cost. Did he even build the engine too??

Alex Whittaker, All round good guy and a great loss to the hobby. My sincere condolences to his family and close friends

Return to “General Discussion Topics”