Andrew Taylor

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Stuart Mackay

Andrew Taylor

Postby Stuart Mackay » July 28th, 2022, 5:50 pm

_STU1105 reduced.jpg
_STU1105 reduced.jpg (462.1 KiB) Viewed 2085 times

The Taylor family have asked me to inform you of the sudden passing of Andrew on Wednesday morning.

Those who have had the privilege to have met Andrew at LMA events and his Fly-Ins at Binham will know that we have lost a real gentleman and a great ambassador for our Sport.

At the moment, his widow, Beverley has asked for your understanding in not making direct contact with the Family whilst she and Andrew's family go through a very difficult time and until they feel more able to discuss this terrible emotional experience that they are going through.

I am sure You will all understand that the September Fly-In is under review due to these tragic circumstances.

Like me, You will share the grief that His Family and close friends are experiencing, I will, of course keep you updated as matters become clearer.

If you need to contact the Family, at the moment, please use me as a primary contact point and my mobile number is 07785 926158

paul hughes

Re: Andrew Taylor

Postby paul hughes » July 28th, 2022, 7:30 pm

very very sad news, I think Andrew was a founder member of the L M A. A great man in every way. RIP Andrew

IAN TURNEY-WHITE

Postby IAN TURNEY-WHITE » July 29th, 2022, 7:46 am

Our heartfelt sympathies to Beverley and family , rest in peace dear friend

Pat Marsden

Postby Pat Marsden » July 29th, 2022, 9:41 am

Heard the news just before travelling to Binham and its a very subdued atmosphere here, Beverley wanted the event to continue so we were happy to come along still. Andrew was one of the nicest people I have ever met and will be very much missed by all who has the pleasure of knowing him. My favourite thing about him was his ability to convey how he felt about something or someone without actually saying so. The world will be a sadder place without him, RIP Andrew.

Keith Mitchell

Postby Keith Mitchell » July 30th, 2022, 8:12 am

Sad to hear the news of Andrew’s passing - another LMA stalwart leaves us.
He was never really one for the big shows but his contributions on the Board of Guardians and, of course, his generosity in making his farm at Binham available for the many Fly-Ins enjoyed by rank and file members over the years, will not be forgotten.
Fly high Andrew, you will be missed by us all.

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » August 3rd, 2022, 2:37 pm

I have just got back from running Andrews annual Ghost Squadron and Friends annual flying camp which started on the day Andrew unfortunatly passed away. As you can guess there was a very subdued atmosphere during the event but Andrews family and all attending agreed that the event shoud proceed as that is what he would have wanted.
I must record my thanks for the compassion and support shown by all attending at this most difficult time.
The aeromodelling community and the wider world have lost a true gentleman and a good friend.

Stuart Mackay

Postby Stuart Mackay » August 6th, 2022, 1:43 pm

Beverley Taylor has asked that the September Binham Fly-In still goes ahead as Andrew would have wanted this to happen.

It will be run as a tribute to Andrew, so anyone who would like to wear a Jumper with some holes in it during the two days would be most welcome!

We shall be raising money towards the Family's chosen charity, so please give generously.

Beverley's wishes are that it is a fun affair, so let's all try and make it the best one yet!
In that vein, we shall try and fly as many of Andrew's aircraft over the weekend and hoping for other surprises too.

Usual Andrew rules still apply to noisy models and sadly no turbines due to fire hazard.

Dates are September 10 & 11 from 10 am-6 pm

Burger Van is planned to be there on the Sunday and there are toilets and water on site.

For those wishing to camp or bring a caravan for the weekend, and such that we can manage camping, please contact John Evans as soon as possible on 07768 741977 to reserve your pitch.

There are planning restrictions on site regarding the number of caravans and duration of stay, but for those travelling from afar, if you want to stay a couple of extra days, then we should be able to accommodate that
There will be a nominal charge for camping which will be going to The Family's chosen charity.

Those visiting for the Day, will no doubt want to make a charitable contribution on the Day.

So let's pray for great weather, raise a whole bunch of money for Charity and ensure a fun weekend for his Family as Andrew would have wanted.

Perhaps members could spread this information to LMA members who dont have Forum Access & that would be much appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you on 10 & 11 September at God's own Flying Site!!
http://www.moki.co.uk telephone 07785 926158

Return to “General Discussion Topics”