Sad News

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Keith Mitchell

Sad News

Postby Keith Mitchell » September 22nd, 2022, 9:22 am

Members will be sad to learn of the passing of Dave Bell who finally succombed to a longstanding illness on Tues' evening.

Dave was a popular and ebullient spirit at LMA events for many years as well as a member of NMAS at Longhorsley. His ready cheerfulness coupled with his, at times, irreverent banter was a joy to all.

During his illness which included several sessions of radiotherapy, chemotherapy and surgery, he bore with fortitude and his typical do-or-die spirit. Notwithstanding this he continued to progress his scratch projects - he was a very fine builder - until the very end.

He was a good mate to me and frequently gave up time at shows - often foregoing his own slots - to help me prepare the 'Connie' or assist when we had a problem.

He will be sorely missed and our heartfelt condolences go to wife Jacqui and family...
Attachments
SuperConnie' - 1 of 1.jpeg
SuperConnie' - 1 of 1.jpeg (520.09 KiB) Viewed 1747 times

Cary Bailey

Re: Sad News

Postby Cary Bailey » September 22nd, 2022, 10:20 am

Very sad to hear this. Dave was such a gent and extremely friendly to all he met.
RIP Mr B

BRIAN RAWCLIFFE

Postby BRIAN RAWCLIFFE » September 22nd, 2022, 4:47 pm

So sorry to hear about Dave, he spent many hours with us in Pauls caravan. RIP Dave. Brian. Paul and Tony.

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » September 23rd, 2022, 9:01 pm

Daves funeral is on Friday 7th October in his home town of Workington....if anyone wants to know full details please contact me

Return to “General Discussion Topics”