Sid King Silencer Design

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Matt Bradbrook

Sid King Silencer Design

Postby Matt Bradbrook » August 21st, 2023, 6:39 pm

Evening all,

I have just joined this forum after searching for effective silencer designs for a petrol engine.

A little bit of background: last year i bought a part built Galaxy Models Mystic from Mike Ellis who I understand was well known in the LMA. I picked the model up from his house near Evesham and had a good chat with him about aeromodelling. I know he was unwell which was the reason for selling off his model collection and I promised him that I would send a photo of the Mystic when it was finished. I sent him a photo back in December last year but never heard back - I suspect that he is sadly no-longer with us. I maidened the model earlier in the year but it was clear that the Stinger 26cc petrol engine wouldn't pass the club 82db limit. I have since made 2 of my own silencers which have reduced the noise from around 90db to 84db.

I read on here about a silencer designed by Sid King which was very effective. Infact I have seen old posts by Mike talking about the design. I was wondering if anyone has more information on this silencer or could send me details of the design?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Bradbrook

Re: Sid King Silencer Design

Postby Matt Bradbrook » August 21st, 2023, 6:47 pm

Few photos attached including my current silencer design.
Attachments
IMG_2115.jpeg
IMG_2115.jpeg (150.51 KiB) Viewed 691 times
IMG_2114.jpeg
IMG_2114.jpeg (133.56 KiB) Viewed 691 times
IMG_2617.jpeg
IMG_2617.jpeg (339.74 KiB) Viewed 691 times

Peter Siggins

Postby Peter Siggins » August 22nd, 2023, 7:07 pm

Hi Matt I have a paper copy of the design - they are good and apart from the silver solder the tube used is bought in B&Q.

If you email me your address I’ll photocopy it an post you one - sigginsc@aol.com

Cheers

Pete

Matt Bradbrook

Postby Matt Bradbrook » August 22nd, 2023, 7:37 pm

Hi Pete,

That would be great, thank you. I'll send you an email now.

Cheers,

Matt

Return to “General Discussion Topics”