Sunderland Flying Boat

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Sydney Emmerson

Sunderland Flying Boat

Postby Sydney Emmerson » February 21st, 2010, 11:40 am

Hello to you all. I have had the Jan Hermkens plan for a few years now and started building it once but had leave it for while, when I eventualy go back to it there was so much hanger rash I had to scrub it. I am about to start again, the plans are at Belair for kitting, on thier return I will register it with the LMA. I think many years ago a member who lived ni the Midlands and had a kitchen fitting business built one and kindly wrote to me when I lived in Cornwall offering help. I would appreciate help and advice on the build when I start, which should be mid April. Further to this I am hoping to join the Hastings LMA club shortly. I was contemplating the Hercules or Tony's Wellington but have gone back to 3.45m span Sunderland.
Sydney 3280

DAVE JOHNSON

Re: Sunderland Flying Boat

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » February 21st, 2010, 1:25 pm

Sydney---once you join the Hastings club,2 of our most experienced builders will be you clubmates---Colin Hammond and Tony Nijhous are members ,and Tony is a Senior LMA inspector so ask him for advice ref registering and building your new project---DAVE

Sydney Emmerson

Re: Sunderland Flying Boat

Postby Sydney Emmerson » February 24th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Thank you Dave, have been in touch with Tony to find out club night. Second Tuesday of month at Bexhill so hope to go on 2nd March. Spoke to Tony about his Wellington but decided as I already had the plans for the Sundrerland I would go ahead with that. Plans at Belair at the moment.
Regards Sydney.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”