HOW TO RESIZE YOUR IMAGES.

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Tony Collins 1073

HOW TO RESIZE YOUR IMAGES.

Postby Tony Collins 1073 » April 8th, 2011, 10:48 pm

If you have an image that that you can't post because of the pixel size then there are a couple of ways that you can get over this problem.
Ideally you will have a picture editor to tart up your pictures before posting as well as resizing. I use Adobe Elements for mine. However, some people will not have access to such software but there are free alternatives available if you Google for " Free photo editing software "
A quick easy to use programme is what most people want so here is one which will edit your piccys very easily and resize in a few seconds.

http://www.resizr.com/

Before using this software it is a good idea to make a temporary folder and name it after the subject that you are posting.
You can store this anywhere as long as it is easy to find. Desktop is as good as any. Save all the pictures to this folder and it will make life much easier.

The programme will ask you to browse to the location of you image and when you have selected the image
you must then click on UPLOAD.

This will take you to a very easy to use editing page in which you can do all sorts of things to
improve the picture.

For simple resizing you will use the width and height boxes. For maximum picture size make the width
NO MORE than 600. The maximum permissable height is now 600 Whether you set the width or height, the picture
will stay in scale, which ever you click first.

Just above the image you will find a box saying "Resize my image [Click when done]"

And there you are DONE.

If you have any further queries on posting Text and images I will do my best to answer them.
Last edited by Tony Collins 1073 on June 11th, 2017, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barry Jeffrey

Re: HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGES.

Postby Barry Jeffrey » April 12th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Have just used that website to resize my pics Tony. Well done. It was just what I needed. Thankyou.

Barry

Return to “General Discussion Topics”