Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
nickhenderson

A word of caution from the horses mouth

Postby nickhenderson » December 7th, 2012, 12:51 am

Cornell Michaels Kit Cutting
2208 Minerva
Westland Michigan 48186

http://www.kitcutter.com

All of the following is my own opinion based on my personal experience.

I have decided to name and shame this man as a charlatan, having paid for him to cut me a kit, paid in full, including postage cost from the USA to France. I find myself after a wait of 4 YEARS still without my kit or a refund, despite requesting both on innumerable occasions. The gentleman has taken my money under the guise of business, but not provided any goods or services. To me this is tantamount to theft!

The gentleman has lacked communication skills in that it is always me who contacts him, sometimes requiring the same mail sent 2-3 times to ellicit a response. E-mail count is above 150 on this subject.

Responses, wow the tales i've heard!
He has health issues, his legs, his heart, the swimming pool needs fixing, his best friend died, his son is in with a bad crowd, its cold, the workshop roof is leaking but to name a few. Most of his replies are filled with whats wrong in his life at the present time, rather than trying to address the situation. I considered contacting his local police department to start fraud charges and informed him of this. His reply was “go ahead, my family has a long connection with the police department here”

Below is a typical reply
Nick I don't have a problem answering back when I have the time as right now my family has no vehicle as both have broken down.One the new SUV needs a new motor and the other small Nissan needs so much repair to keep running its not funny .Along with my son needing to go to class and he has no ride in his first class in college and my wife has no ride to work.Me it has no bearing as I'm home and on disability. Along with the people who came to repair our pool and took what money there was and left a mess in the middle of the pool as it has no water in it. Along with a half dozen other problems as I had to replace the computer I had it had a virus and was down for about a week or so..So that probably was the time you sent me a email..Other than that they put me on high blood pressure medicine and I'm still alive...Regards,Michael

So thats you sorted, what about my kit, nothing?

The main difficulty is dealing with a person in another country, and allowing time to pass, so no recourse from finance provider (Paypal)

At first one is kind, sympathetic and tries to be understanding, hence allowing time to pass. The initial fob off's of “got to get work cleared away first so I can start on yours” seem plausible and logical. However these soon wear thin.

Recently I mailed him requesting either a refund or delivery of my kit within 8 weeks. Failure to do so would result in me taking whatever steps I felt necessary. I got no reply to this mail, so re-sent the same mail a week later, just to make sure it was received. Still no reply, so I guess he wants me to dis-credit him.

As well as posting this thread on as many forums as I can, I also am writing to the various designers, companies etc he is “accredited” to to inform them of his behaviour. I hope that they will withdraw their support for a man who takes money but delivers fresh air! I believe in almost any court this equates to fraud or theft

So beware of ever dealing with this gentleman, I fear it will not go well!

To the moderators, i hope this will be allowed to run, its not here-say, and is totally truthful as backed up by the sample mail i have attatched.

To all who read, thank you for your time!!

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Re: A word of caution from the horses mouth

Postby Dave Parry » December 7th, 2012, 6:24 am

Hi Nick, sorry to hear of you bad experience with this person, if no one has any objection to this thread I can’t see why it should be removed, as for the person in question I can’t comment having not had any experience with him myself.

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » December 7th, 2012, 7:39 am

Posts like this should stay. The person concerned should be emailed to sdvise them of the post and to invite them to respond.

John

Vince Raia

Postby Vince Raia » December 7th, 2012, 7:51 am

Hi Nick, sorry to hear of your problem, another important place your posting is on the pages of RCU, being this is an American based web site it will generate a lot of interest, especially with other people that this person may have scammed coming forward and reinforcing your posting, as I doubt you are his only victim! I have read quite a few threads on RCU about scammers out there who have either take money, and or taken peoples models to repair or expensive jet kits to build and they have never seen them again, also advertising and selling models that people never see once parted with their hard earned cash.

you may turn up that this person is know over there for scamming, and maybe someone over there maybe able to help you, give a try, you've nothing to loose.

Good luck,
Vince.

nickhenderson

Postby nickhenderson » December 7th, 2012, 8:52 am

Gents, thanks for the replies. Mr Parry, thanks for the "official support"
Vince, a copy of my post exists on RCU at this moment, and it is also going up on RCMF. Tomorrow my task is to copy in the designers that he is accredited to, informing them of the manner in which someone who represents their product, is acting.
John, im hoping to generate some considerable feedback and then send the gentleman a link so he can see for himself what other modellers think. However, as evidenced by his reply to me contacting his local police dept, it seems that "Frankly my dear, i dont give a damn!"
We shall see how it unfolds.

Scott Douglas

Postby Scott Douglas » December 7th, 2012, 10:09 am

Have you looked at his website this morning...

We are currently no accepting any new orders except for plans.

Did you link your Paypal acccount to your credit card, maybe they could help?

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » December 7th, 2012, 3:10 pm

This look very similar to a thread i commented on on RCU warbirds section, this guy did retracts, one guy had been waiting 5 years, and nothing, the excuses where EXACTLY the same, wonder if its the same guy? i would contact an american lawyer in his state, and the local police, only by actually contacting someone, will you be able to get an idea what to do, sadly, there is scum like this all over everything you do in life, we have one here, in blackpool, who builds crap, and steals off modellors all over the world, has no shame, and cares not for the threats against him, shear scum, i hope you get it sorted,

nickhenderson

Postby nickhenderson » December 8th, 2012, 12:40 am

I would like to publicly thank another LMA member, but i shall respect his anonymity, who after reading my post, spoke with a colleague who has friends living in the same area as my gentleman. The colleague will be contacting his friends to see what they can achieve.
This response has humbled me, ive never met this LMA member, but he is going the extra mile on my behalf.
I agree, nothing may come from this, but the selfless action is worth so much more.
Thank you, you know who you are.

Vince Raia

Postby Vince Raia » December 8th, 2012, 9:17 am

Hi Nick, that's what this hobby is all about, helping each other, I always fell like us aero modelers are one big family, I have more good and close modeling friends than family but as Alan say's, unfortunately the scum creep in.

Good point that you have made there Alan about contacting the local police in the area, and I presume they must have their version of a "Trading Standards" officer, worthwhile chasing, what have you got to loose?

ATB.

Vince.

Ian Easton

Postby Ian Easton » December 8th, 2012, 7:35 pm

You probably wont get any help from the police in a situation like this.They've got too many bigger issues to deal with.

I had my identity stolen. Some guy was living and working as me in another state that I never even been to. I had the address of the house he was in , account numbers , unpaid bills (of course), employers, etc. I contacted the police and they wouldn't do anything. That was 13 years ago and there's still traces of it on my credit report that just wont go away.

Like they told me -"you just can't go up to someone's house and accuse them of something"

I think the laws have changed a bit since then regarding identity theft.

So trying to get this guy for fraud or theft might end up costing you more in legal fees than your original kit cost was.

It's pretty frustrating dealing with scum like that.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”