LMA Garden Party Catton Park Thanks

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Paul Savage 1568

LMA Garden Party Catton Park Thanks

Postby Paul Savage 1568 » April 6th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Again, the weather forecast was overly grim and again it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Quick thanks to all of whom turned up and made the 2014 Garden Party event a complete success.

Bearing in mind that we are only just stepping out of winter and into spring, I think we did ok with the weather and there are now quite a number of LMA flyers who are just that little bit less rusty. Full event report later in the year.

Makes it all worth the effort when an event is well supported so thanks again from The Midlands Large Model Flying Group.

P.S. Can someone direct me to the person I need to speak to about receiving my passes for the East Kirby event. I haven't received mine yet.

Cheers.

Paul.

Dave Berry 2911

Re: LMA Garden Party Catton Park Thanks

Postby Dave Berry 2911 » April 6th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Hi Paul,
Glad you managed to get some flying in, we were planning to come over today, but the weather looked a tad too iffy for us wimps. :)
Dave and Chris Berry

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » April 6th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Just a quick thanks to Paul and the team for a great long weekend hospitality---we managed to fly on all 3 days I was there so weather far better than expected---also a big thanks to Dave Brown and co for the super food offerings--and not forgetting the legendary Applie pie and cream from the Catton Ladies ---Brilliant :D :D :D

Paul you will get your passes handed to you on arrival at East Kirkby

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » April 6th, 2014, 8:21 pm

I too would like to add my thanks to all involved, what a great bunch of people they all are, and yes I did have a couple of flights with my 120 although I wimped out today, a tad to windy for me. Highlight for me was the mosquito of Brian Hutchinson being flown by Steve Holland, Tony Hooper with his corsair, John Greenfields beautiful glider, (sorry John the name of it escapes me) to name but a few. The Catton gang had there moment of madness with the WWI planes and of course I can't forget Tony and Harry of the YOF a companied by there newest members Dave Walker. So hats off to the Catton group for taking the brave step of having a fly-in so early in the year I think I can safely say it was appreciated by all who attended.

Well done. :D

Steve Kasch
Site Admin

Postby Steve Kasch » April 6th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Hi everyone, Just back from the Catton Garden Party which was excellent as ever. Here's a link to a few pictures of this years event.

http://www.largemodelassociation.com/gallery/catton-garden-party-2014/

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » April 7th, 2014, 6:29 am

A big thank you to everyone for their efforts over the weekend. A nice relaxing few days in good company.

John

P.S...Dave, The glider I was flying was an ASH 31 MI

sean smith

Postby sean smith » April 7th, 2014, 6:48 am

Nice looking Mosquito (and other models of course).

Sean.

andy johnson

Postby andy johnson » April 7th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Thanks to Paul and the team for a brilliant weekend and to Dave and his team for the great food, George and I have a great time with lots of flying over all 3 days.
There were some lovely models there to see, by far the best was the Mosquito that was just superb, well done to Steve for 2 very good flights. We need more events like this right through the year.
Thanks to John G for his help with my Turbine powered glider, I’m really pleased with how it fly’s.

Andy

Steve Holland

Postby Steve Holland » April 7th, 2014, 10:29 pm

I had a great time at Catton on Saturday starting with a great fry up and ending with a slice of Apple pie. In between this there was plenty of talking, watched some flying and then did some flying. Thank you to all involved from Catton for a great day.

Biggest thanks go to Brian and Colin for all the work they put into the Mossi and then letting me fly it, I feel very proud to be allowed to fly such a great model. John and Nndee's gliders were also worth the trip.

Hope new member Derrick Small enjoyed his visit, proficiency soon!

Return to “General Discussion Topics”