Web Front Page

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Robin Woodhead

Web Front Page

Postby Robin Woodhead » June 1st, 2014, 10:38 am

Steve,

Before you took on the task of being the LMA webmaster we used to have the front page pictures changed at the beginning of each month.

Since you started the job there have been no changes for six months, I know that you still get lots of pictures from Neil; is there a technical problem? Or is it that you cannot be bothered to do the changes?

I believe the LMA membership deserves a better service than this, also is not reflecting the association in a good light.

I and a few others will be interested in the reasons for this!

Robin

ian redshaw

Re: Web Front Page

Postby ian redshaw » June 1st, 2014, 3:08 pm

Robin, some of your post sounds down right rude, I'd be surprised if you get a reply at all!! Sounds like there's some 'history' here that needs keeping between the two of you perhaps. I too noticed the pictures hadn't changed but don't feel such niggly snide comments productive to this websites development!

Just my 2p though

Ian.

Steve Kasch
Site Admin

Postby Steve Kasch » June 1st, 2014, 9:26 pm

Ian, I have never met Mr Woodhead to my knowledge or even received any emails so if there is upset I am not aware of it.

Mr Woodhead, I do not wish to have any form of public argument nor do I feel the need to justify myself. Perhaps it would have been nice to voice your opinions in a slightly more polite manor but you certainly are allowed to have your own opinion. I would thank you for bringing the matter to my attention and I would like to apologise to the LMA members for my complete and obvious lack of commitment. Clearly I have done nothing since I took over the website. Perhaps Mr Woodhead, you would like to use the LMA Members Aircraft section which I went to great lengths to set up to tell us all about your own models so that I may display them on the front page.

http://www.largemodelassociation.com/featured/

Once again I am very sorry that you feel such resentment towards myself and feel that I have let down the entire LMA but please do remember the Annual General Meeting where all LMA members can have their say.

sean smith

Postby sean smith » June 3rd, 2014, 12:15 pm

Steve, i think you are doing a great job, keep it up mate.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » June 3rd, 2014, 5:51 pm

HERE HERE,

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » June 4th, 2014, 5:30 am

I assume that the web site is run by dedicated volunteers and enthusiasts. If that is the case they do a fine job. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I ran our club web site for a couple of years and it took a lot of work to keep it updated.
There are not many regular postings on forum pages. You only have to look at some of the dates.
To have an "all dancing and singing" web site to the standard of, say, the RCME, would take some funding.
So to all who run the site, keep at it. You do great work

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » June 4th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Hi all, when I run the website I choose to do a monthly update, I felt it was like a news letter to let everybody know what was happening in LMA land and in that I always changed the pictures. Now having said all that this was my chose, no one force me and no one told me to do it.

Now that I have passed over the new website to Steve, "as it was getting I bit too much for me doing the website and the LMA Journal", I feel he has to run it the way he see fit. What a lot of you are not seeing is Steve working in the background updating all the old pages that never got touch by me or my predecessor. He is currently waiting for me to find some water plane pictures so he can update that part of the site.

I can understand what Robin is saying and I am sure he didn't mean it the way it came out but we have to all understand that this new website has a lot more going on with it than the old one did. I have been on the end of criticism when I started to redesign the Journal and I can assure you it isn't very nice. But we have to break a few eggs sometimes in order to get a better more up-to-date website as I did when I changed the Journal format.

I still feel we are going in the right direction and I am sure Steve is not too offended by it all and as Peter has said we are volunteers giving up our valuable time to bring you these services so you can enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours, so please bare this in mind the next time you feel the need to have a pop.

Steve Mansell

Postby Steve Mansell » June 4th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Dave,
Well said.
Did you used to work for the Diplomatic Corp. :D

Steve

paul needham

Postby paul needham » June 5th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Just like to say that I think Steve is doing a good job with the website, especally as he is one of the younger generation (no offence intended to the retired generation) that has to find time to go to work god knows how many hours a week as well as voluntary jobs such as this website. Keep it up mate.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”